• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check out these deals found - Anyone a 'Wisconsin Entity'?

Deuce-bigalo

Monster Man said:
good lord! how the heck did wisconsin end up with so many 6x's?
I dunno MM - I just figured all that snow removal, that or needed them to haul all that cheese :smilewinkgrin: [^]

I would imagine they have a good maintence program and at that price - OH BOY! :idea:

John

lacoda56

About 20 years ago, I knew most of the guys that worked at Wisconsin Federal Properties. A great bunch to work with, but they wouldn't let anything out to the general public. They had an M123 10 ton [needed trans. and t case]. I thought maybe they'd bend the rules a little but not a chance. The public auction is relatively new and sounds interesting. Might have to check that out.

M1075

As part of the DRMO process, all states have the option to claim property prior to it making it to GL for auction. Each State agency is self-sustaining, meaning they charge minimal "service charges" for items picked up by their donees (cities, counties, schools, prisons, fire departments, etc.). The service charge covers their overhead. I think the States are the last in line to claim property before it goes to public sale. DoD, Federal Agencies, and Foreign Military Sales get most of the good stuff.

Deuce-bigalo

lacoda56 said:
about 20 years ago, I knew most of the guys that worked at Wisconsin Federal Properties. A great bunch to work with, but they wouldn't let anything out to the general public. They had an M123 10 ton [needed trans. and t case]. I thought maybe they'd bend the rules a little but not a chance. The public auction is relatively new and sounds interesting. Might have to check that out.
Well, let me know what you find Lacoda. I will post if I get the e-mail for an auction. Shhhhhh though, we should keep this on the DL - only through SS and a bunch of us can meet there and clean house! [thumbzup]

I am just trying to think of a non profit agency to create - such as the Arizona Military Vehicle Appreciation Club - or AMVAC for short, yeah - this might work..... :idea:

John

Monster Man

Deuce-bigalo said:
lacoda56 said:
about 20 years ago, I knew most of the guys that worked at Wisconsin Federal Properties. A great bunch to work with, but they wouldn't let anything out to the general public. They had an M123 10 ton [needed trans. and t case]. I thought maybe they'd bend the rules a little but not a chance. The public auction is relatively new and sounds interesting. Might have to check that out.
Well, let me know what you find Lacoda. I will post if I get the e-mail for an auction. Shhhhhh though, we should keep this on the DL - only through SS and a bunch of us can meet there and clean house! [thumbzup]

I am just trying to think of a non profit agency to create - such as the Arizona Military Vehicle Appreciation Club - or AMVAC for short, yeah - this might work..... :idea:

John
funny you mention that. My brother and I actually ARE planning to starting a non-profit [thumbzup] There's more legal issues involved than we had planned on (who'd have thunk?), but the goal of the organization is to preserve and celebrate technical innovation and engineering, mainly from the golden age. We're looking to start a technical library for sure, and museum/display. The technical library will be very important as it seems our past is being forgotten- how many kids today have any clue what sort of manufacturing base we used to have, just how MANY people were involved in the technical trades, how parts are actually MADE (or should I say WERE made), or what a mill and lathe even are? How many kids today even take auto shop? It's sad we're losing it all so we want to do our best to save the legacy. Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with computers or new manufacturing processes, but that was a very important time in history. Haven't really narrowed our scope on what will be included, what exact years we will focus on, etc., but we're thinking of all kinds of stuff, including Military Vehicle Donations :yeah:

Deuce-bigalo

Well, I think we should definately consider getting a SW chapter going of something! At least to continue on with the preservation of these trucks. Keep them in tact, help with how they won us wars and transported troops on possibly the last ride they may have taken in their life. There is a HUGE difference between the midwest/east coast and the west coast - what I mean by that is there is so many manufacturing companies there and hardly any here in Phoenix or CA for that matter. I am originally from Cleveland, Ohio area and the big factorys are becoming less and less. I like your thoughts and directions MM and if there is anything I can offer (being a state away) let me know!

John :scool:

Dieselsmoke

Our SWAT team just picked up a Peacekeeper....it's in sad shape but I know someone that can fix it up pretty nice.....

Deuce-bigalo

ICEMAN71 said:
http://esbd.tbpc.state.tx.us/surplus/federal/index.cfm is where i purchase my parts and trucks. m35a3 for $2000 and bridge truck 5ton for $1200. follow the link then select ft worth area or san antonio area. then refine search by typing --truck-- in the search box. happy hunting :roll:
Yeop, those prices firm or flexible? I liked what SA had - seems like a good lot. Might have to head out to TX one of these days!

Thanks for the info Iceman! [thumbzup]

John

SixBuy

Iceman,

That's just a teaser, right? The Federal Surplus Property is only available to municipalities, etc. Unless there's a loophole I don't know about? Please say it's so... :yeah:

I've been looking for that just right deuce for months and everything is either a rust bucket or 1500 miles away. We need some good stuff in Texas! :banghead:

Elwenil

steelsoldiers said:
Nice find for the Wisconsinites! This Peacekeeper armored vehicle is kinda cool.
That's a Cadillac Gage Ranger APC, basically a armored Dodge Ramcharger. Built by Textron Marine & Land Systems in New Orleans, same people who make the LAV-150. Typical 360 cid, automatic, 180HP to pull around a 10,000 lbs truck. They were used by the Air Force and Navy, and are being replaced by the M1114/M1116 HMMWV.

jasonjc

on that fed prop stuff if no agencie whats it then it goes to GSA for atuion WWW.gsaauctions.gov

I think this will get you there if not its close they have auction it all states and its on the net

just checked they have 4-8 GMC 2 1/2 ton trcuks sale close 4/24