• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check out this Modded CUCV

AgeOfDarkness94

Hey guys, just thought I would post an interesting find uncovered on
Google images while looking for Inspiration for my new CUCV project (more on that
later.) Anyway, here it is:

http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy129/AgeOfDarkness94/CUCV%20pics/?action=view&current=TrickedoutM1009.jpg

So, what do y'all think? I know the 454 and the 11"inch lift are a TAD outlandish, but the fender flares, Mickey Thompson tires, beadlocks, and windshield shade thing are nice additions in my opinion. I was thinking of doing something similar to my M1009 someday soon. I think my first course of action will be to re gear the axles, put a 4" lift on and add some 35-38" tires on it with the help of a fender trim/flares.

Questions? Comments? Advice?

Thanks for reading,
Tyler

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re-gearing the axles would be like gold plating a Yugo wagon. Scrap them and go 3/4 or 1 ton stuff. You will be cubic $$$$$ ahead in the long run. All the other mods probably wouldn't be my style but it's your truck and money, do what suits you best. Considering the fact that you want air and an OD tranny, I'd probably start with the civilian version and add the CUCV trim and then re paint it. Much easier in the long run.

b4thundr

HERE IT IS.............................>>>>
Tricked out M1009

85 Military CUCV M1009 K-5 Blazer with 11" lift & 16 x 38.5 x 15 Mickey Thompson Baja claws (including a spare w/ custom rear swing away spare tire mount) 454 motor w/ turbo 350 trans & NP 208 transfer case & 2 / 13" electric fans , 1 ton axles ( 8 lug ) with 4.10 gears, 4 wheel disc brakes, raised steering arm & block & anti-sway bar w/ disc-connect & hyd assist steering, extended braided brake lines, dual batteries (12V) & alarm system, BDS extended shocks & dual steering stabilizer Also has military blackout drive lights and a spot light.

Tags in this image: CUCV, M1009, K5 Blazer, Military, offroad, chevy

Attachments

AgeOfDarkness94

Re-gearing the axles would be like gold plating a Yugo wagon. Scrap them and go 3/4 or 1 ton stuff. You will be cubic $$$$$ ahead in the long run. All the other mods probably wouldn't be my style but it's your truck and money, do what suits you best. Considering the fact that you want air and an OD tranny, I'd probably start with the civilian version and add the CUCV trim and then re paint it. Much easier in the long run.
What's wrong with a gold plated Yuko?:lol: Excuse my noobishness, but I thought the '1009's came with a 3/4 ton rating? Ohwell i guess your right I probably will start with a civvy blazer and drop a 6.5L cummins in it. Then, I'll add in all the goodies to make it emulate an m1009. :/ Sadly this is whats become of my dream project :lol:

Well, perhaps not all is lost. After all, at least i can keep the seat covers:lol:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
El-governmento rates it at 3/4 ton. Axles are plain ole 1/2 ton 10 bolts. The front is actually tougher than the rear. The main reason I say start with a civy one is I know what a PITA it is to install A/C. Since lots of stuff is getting changed, might be ahead to start with a civy one. I know you won't make your HP mark with the 6.2 so an engine change is up the pike as well. Search threads started by Starlight. He added A/C to his blazer too.

us74k5

I figured posting a rig that looks like that would be blasphemy here. Guess I should post up some pics of my rig.... M1009 on one tons, 38.5 SS boggers, lots of mods....

WOLFMAN1

people on this site love some mods and some hate them. as long as it keeps the military look without going overboard there should be no problem. you see all kinds of threads on here of modifying the deuce or bobbing them. why should cucv's be any diff. so i say post them up.

Cucvnut

, raised steering arm & block & anti-sway bar w/ disc-connect & hyd assist steering,dual steering stabilizer

hahaha why do that if your not going cross over steering. also why have a steering stabilizer when you have hydro assist ? it does the same thing

Last edited:

CUCV85

Shouldn't be called a CUCV or M1009/1008/1028
if the Diesel has been pulled.
I don't know about the rest of ya
but if it doesn't have the 6.2NA 6.2T or the 6.5/6.5T
you might as well call it a FORMER Military CUCV :cookoo:

Hey guys, just thought I would post an interesting find uncovered on
Google images while looking for Inspiration for my new CUCV project (more on that
later.) Anyway, here it is:

http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy129/AgeOfDarkness94/CUCV%20pics/?action=view&current=TrickedoutM1009.jpg

So, what do y'all think? I know the 454 and the 11"inch lift are a TAD outlandish, but the fender flares, Mickey Thompson tires, beadlocks, and windshield shade thing are nice additions in my opinion. I was thinking of doing something similar to my M1009 someday soon. I think my first course of action will be to re gear the axles, put a 4" lift on and add some 35-38" tires on it with the help of a fender trim/flares.

Questions? Comments? Advice?

Thanks for reading,
Tyler