• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check your intake heater injectors!

texas30cal

Mine started dripping fuel yesterday around the plug at the rear, I thought about eliminating it but decided to see if I could fix it. I pulled it and found that it's just a o-ring that seals a aluminum plug in the rear of it. I'm sure glad I decided to fix it because I found the tip of the injector was loose and already 3-4 turns out!!!

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, they are known for causing issues. I've eliminated mine, so being in Tx, I doubt you'd ever need it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not that I know of, but I'm learning new stuff every day! In fact, I learned a Dodge pickup front caliper can "just fall off" when your driving through a construction zone and can't pull over for 30min, just this summer.

Maverick1701

Great tip! That is something I forget to check during my maintenance. I need to check out my injector....I live up here in the TX panhandle so I actually use it during winter.

18operator

I couldn't get my injector apart to change the o-ring without totally destroying it, so I rerouted the fuel supply lines and capped the injector. Then put it back in it's place. No more fuel leaking on the turbo anymore! I still inspect it to make sure though. (Pre-Trip-Post-Trip).

texas30cal

Remove it and make sure that brass tip is tight, mine wasn't far from falling out and into the turbo, the o-ring that leaks is on a plug under a snap ring, remove snap ring, cover plug with your hand and a rag and blow it out with compressed air. I'm not sure of the o-ring size bc it was in a box of random ones I have.

18operator

Removed the injector to check the brass tip, it wasn't loose, but it wasn't all that tight either. So I tightened down. I couldn't get the plug with the o-ring apart. (2nd attempt). I put it all back together with a new snap ring.At the very least, it doesn't leak fuel down on the turbo.

I capped mine off the following way --

Both of the lines and then the two fittings that the lines went into were removed from the injector body.
Both of the fittings were sealed with brass caps from the home despot place. They are both the same size.
The size of the caps is 1/8" FIP
Then the lines were put back into their own fittings. I moved them where it would be easier to check for leaks.
I used teflon tape on the cap end threads and also I wrapped the injector to minimize dirt entry.

This is not a permanent fix but now I can drive it without fear of a fire, from this cause, anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks