• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHECK YOUR STACK!!!!!

AMGeneral

Well,went out to move the M200A1(to remove the waste oil tank mounted on it) decided to use the Deuce.Ck the oil,jump in the cab,hit the start button.Engine starts,runs 2 seconds and dies,Hmmmm.Try again,same result.Hmmm,1 more time,start,apply fuel,POP!!! notice something flying from the stack aera.Get out,look around,found what was left of a bird which had flown down the stack and stopped it up.In short,always check your stack for obstructions!

papercu

it is a must not an option
Yeah every military truck is issued a big gulp cup for just that reason!!
Every afternoon we had formation just to be sure every truck was covered
TROOPS STAND BY WITH BIG GULP CUP !!
TROOPS MOUNT BIG GULP CUP ON STACK !!
DISMISSED !!

mangus580

Another thing to check from time to time, is your air cleaner... I found and evicted a family of mice from mine the other day. It hadnt sat for maybe a week!! I guess they got in through the small tube out the back side.

FrankUSMC

While in the Marines, we had a truck that was down for awhile. Just before we started it one of the Marines noticed a family of swifts had built a nest in the exhuast pipe. They had to be removed, because the truck was needed. I removed the little guys and took them to our local wildlife rescue shelter. They sent me a letter several weeks later to tell me they all made it and area they were to be reliesed in if I wanted to come and watch.
One of the few, Frank

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I kept mine covered with a metal cofee can. Even with that, my stack expelled a bat upon start-up one foggy morning. Kinda freaked me out when I saw it hit the truck next door ;)

CGarbee

My M35A2C has a flapper on it (ex USAF truck). The M35A2 lives with a bean can on the stack (love to see it go flying when the truck is cranked up in the morning...).

We should line everyone up at Aberdeen and go for distance and accuracy... :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MUDLORD said:
i dont have to worry bout my stack cloggin up, the hole in the bottom is almost big enough to stick my arm up in it. aua
Little rusty eh Mike? Well, at least you don't have to worry about blowing sooty water all over your wife's/neighbor's/co-worker's car :oops:

FreightTrain

Banned
steelsoldiers said:
MUDLORD said:
i dont have to worry bout my stack cloggin up, the hole in the bottom is almost big enough to stick my arm up in it. aua
Little rusty eh Mike? Well, at least you don't have to worry about blowing sooty water all over your wife's/neighbor's/co-worker's car :oops:
Where is the fun in that.It is always fun to teach them NOT to park next to your truck.I did it with my Ford once just before I found out a had a Cavitated Cylinder.Buddy parked his white Monte Carlo next to my exhaust pipe....Fire it up and SPLAT.....oops.

CGarbee

My M37 has horizontal exhaust (they all do unless they have a fording pipe installed). It dumps out on the passenger side just behind the cab (under the front of the bed). In my case, the M37 has a Cummins 4BT and on start up, I can fog the car next to me at the grocery pretty bad if I want... :) People have learned to give me some room at the local Food Lion... :)
Driver's side has the door mounted spare, and that scares them off on that side... :)

I don't get door dinged :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks