• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Checked my Primary Fuel Filter today...woah. (PICTURE)

It's been a little while since I've gotten to play with my M35A2. Yesterday I charged up the low battery, replaced a dead tail light bulb, and kicked the tires. Yeehaw, it was ready to go! Soooo this morning I fired it up and drove about 20 miles round trip, into the woods and back. No problems.... LUCKILY! Because when I got home I decided to open the drain cock on the bottom of my primary fuel filter to get a visual diesel sample in a little glass jar.

Have a look gents :grin:

The little jar filled up first then I swapped over to the big one. Tomorrow I'll check the secondary and final filter.

The brown is rusty water, and the yellowish is when it hit diesel.

UPDATE: This morning I drained the secondary fuel filter, then primary fuel filter. In the picture, the wide pickle jar is my secondary filter contents, and the tall bottle is the final filter contents.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, not a bad idea to crack the filters open every couple months to drain the water so the filter housings don't rust.

bassetdeuce

Scary, isn't it? Mine had rusty "mud" in all 3. Recovry4x4 is correct though, that means the filters are working. No sweat, just do a couple more drains and filter changes sooner than you normally would. The system will clean itself out.

dabtl

I discarded the stock filters after looking at the rusted condition of the cans after 30 years or so.

I will change the spin on primary and secondary next Spring. Not many miles but I am willing to bet lots of crud in them. Cheap and quick fix.

jasonjc

What happen to the post the other day that talked about and listed the part number for the spin on filters. Yes I did a search but could not fine the one I was looking for. I used the last of my filters yesterday. Need to order some more so I thought I mite break down and go the sin on way.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What happen to the post the other day that talked about and listed the part number for the spin on filters. Yes I did a search but could not fine the one I was looking for. I used the last of my filters yesterday. Need to order some more so I thought I mite break down and go the sin on way.
Westfolk probably deleted the thread as I think he said he would do. Check the classifieds, he has them listed there!

jatonka

My spin-on filter adaptors cover all of the multifuel filters, primary, secondary/final and oil filter adaptors, they are listed in the classifieds and I have many many of them out there, lots with guys on this site who can pm you with their feelings on them. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks