• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Checking in from central Indiana

M1008BOV

Hello Gents-
New to your site, but have been reading over it for a few weeks now. Lots of great information here! I recently sold a 1970 K20 and my 2008 z71 and now I'm looking for a CUCV M1008/28 to keep around for hunting, truck stuff, etc. My son (who's 11 right now) thinks this would be a cool first rig for him [thumbzup] My Dad is an ASE Master tech (very GM oriented) and I know these trucks pretty well, we've owned a lot of these over the years (not CUCV's just chevy's, mostly k20's.) This 6.2 is new to me and honestly a bit scary, I like my vehicles to be very reliable thus all the reading I've been doing here.

I think I've located a nice rust free 39k m1008 for around $4k. Does that seem unreasonable to anyone here without much more detail than that? It came from Barstow last year. I'm waiting on the seller to send me more pics and the vin #.

I'll try to get my profile updated soon. Take care-Jason

Also, hope to meet some fellow IN members :beer:

eagle4g63

Welcome from up north, glad you joined in. Start planning on the summer Haspin Rally, sounds like you are close enough to even make it for the day if you don't want to stay all 4 days.

Always welcome to stop by if you are up here.

Nathan

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason,
Welcome from KY. There are a lot of good guys located in IN. A Barstow M1008 might be a real clean truck. Look it over and buy it.
Post pictures when you get them
JC

M1008BOV

Thanks guys, I haven't heard back from the seller yet, little nervous, but I'm going to call him shortly in case his email didn't make it to me. Anxious to see some pictures and hopefully grab this up!

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers... glad to see another indiana member. like Nathan said, hope to see you at the Haspin Rally in June, usually the second weekend. If you need anything from up this way.... feel free to PM me...

Bobby...

M1008BOV

Thanks Bobby! I'm about 30 miles south of Kokomo in Cicero. Haspin is only a couple hours away I believe. I'll keep it in mind for sure.

M1008BOV

Thanks!

Just got off the phone and a deal has been reached! I have to say even though I have not met this gentleman in person, he's a great guy. He was getting offers above what he was asking on the truck, but after talking with me on the phone the other day for 45 min he decided I was the guy he wanted to have own it. I'm very excited and can't wait to pick it up! We have my daughters 1st b'day party this weekend and I have to work so I have to wait until the following weekend to go get it, but oh well. I'll rob some CL pics for you.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks too clean. Make a trip to Haspin after you get it and then post pics.

M1008BOV

Not for long, I plan on driving it home. About 380 miles. Going to take state highways and stay off the interstates. Plan to have my wife follow me in her suv just in case (I'm sure she'll enjoy driving 55 all day :whistle:)

The guy I'm buying it from said I shouldn't have any problems. He would occasionally drive it 75 miles one way to work with no issues. It has new batteries and fresh oil. I'm going to check all the fluids, air, brakes, lights, etc and hit the road. I'll bring my toolbox, jack, some extra fluids, tow strap, etc.

I've been reading over common starting issues with the trucks, how to jump them (or not, still learning this) and try to familiarize myself with the specifics of the M1008 over a regular civvy truck. Sounds like a great truck that runs down the road good, so I'm not expecting any of these issues, but want to be prepared just in case. Any extra pointers would be appreciated. [thumbzup]

M1008BOV

Just received the VIN # for the truck and it appears to be a 1987 rather than an 86. Even his insurance paperwork shows 87. Leaving Saturday to go pick her up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks