• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chemical Shelter Trailers

Michael

RE: no spark

It was in rural Alabama were I saw these. It was highway 278 not 72 somewhere between Piedmont and the GA state line. I am still going from memory, but I did look at a map this time.

littlebob

Happy Birthday to me. I spent a few hours getiing the magneto in right after finding the TM. Got it to fire and run just before going to my son's soccer games. When we got back we hooked up the inflation hose and were able to inflate almost all of it. When I first cranked it, smoke was pouring out ,but after it ran for a while it thinned out. I think my best Birthday present was having my son help me set it up. I'll cchange the oil tommorrow and see how things go. I can't bellieve it hardly smokes after I ran it for about an hour and was able to burn out all of the oil out of the exhaust system. I'll probably just use the main shelter which looks like it will make an awsome camping rig.

Attachments

littlebob

Thank's Mike, It was You that told me not to give up on the motor that had more water in it than oil. I don't know about the long haul but I
I think these are much tougher than I imagined

Elwenil

Hmmmm, that looks VERY interesting. I wonder if these things are still being produced or if they are a thing of the past? Temper tents are pretty nice, but the idea of turning on a pump and inflating a house is pretty darn cool. Very nice work and happy birthday, mine was the 6th, lol...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Littlebob,

WOO HOO......congrats man.....I hope I can get mine to inflated but being stationed at Fort Benning now keeps me away all week.
The engine will start on mine but the carb leaks like a sieve.
I have started scrapping some of the aluminum out but I still have not dismantled any of the stuff on the trailer.
I still have the shelter from mine but the door unit was FUBAR and I scrapped it out.
If you want my shelter let me know and we'll work out the details. According to the manual you can hook two of them together.
That would look awsome at Aberdeen.

littlebob

I think it depends on how many leaks it has. I downloaded the manual, but who has time to read the whole thing. I'll let you know tommorrow.
I think it's desighned to be connected all of the time because ther is a pressure regulator on the air pump and I figure they were designed to run all of the time because of the A/C,Heat and Filtering stuff.
littlebob

littlebob

My doors were rusted shut too, but my son put some PB blaster penetrating oil on them and now they open and close. I'll probalbly toss that part of it myself, because its not needed for my purposes. I might to inflate it tommorrow if it doesen't rain.
littlebob

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Now one must work on the A/C. With the A/C that thing would rock. Perhaps I should reconsider owning an M51. Congrats on your success. The 4A0084 engines are quite durable.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are seven trailers left. All have the shelter but the door units are missing. Still sold as is, picked up at my place in NE Ala. The trailer and engine are worth the $900.00 asking price. PM me if interested.

ONTOS66

Nice to read another success story. Those inflatable shelters area very unique. Unfortunatley my M1009 won't handle a trailer that size and my yard has filled with my current military toys. Current spare dollars are going toward additional radio gear for the M1009. Hopefully this spring I can attack the Pioneer Tool Trailer and get it operational.

Congratualtions on getting one of them operational! Quite a saga.

littlebob

Looks like I'm going to need a fuse holder and fuse to march forward with the the heat and A/C. anbody know where to get ? I was able to put the entrance up today , but it has a couple of leaks. I filled the main shelter up friday night and it didn't show signs of needing more air till this afternoon.
littlebob

Attachments

ida34

I wish I had a way to get one home to Michigan. I wonder if I could divert on the trip to New Orleans. Sweet Set up.

littlebob

I seem to have more leaks than I want to fix on the entrance, but it is only needed for decontamination. the main portion seemed to do alright without the support poles but I reall would't want to wake up with it on my face(its heavy). Still trying to find a fuse holder for the control panel to see if I can get the a/c working. After sitting for almost 20 years I'm sue ther will be issues with with leaking seals and replacing the r12 with 134a.
It wouldn't be to bad a rig to set up with enough people especially if you did't use the entrance. My eleven year old helped me set it up starting at
Dark Saturday and most our time was spent trying to figure out how it goes together. Hopefully I will be able to finish the Deuce before too much longe and bring it to an event.
littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks