• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cherry boms how load are they?

psohuston

I used to run cherry bombs on my trucks but after a while it gets annoying. I just replaced the stock muffler that was rotting out on JimmieJams truck and glanced at the cherry bombs for the price $21 at advanced auto but found out that a stock replacement muffler through them is only $27 dollars. glad I went with that is sounds much better now. so the price thing with cherry bombs is kind of irrelevant in that regards.

just my 2cents

The problem is even though you can look straight through them, Glass pack mufflers create a lot of back pressure. Unless they have a inside diameter of 2 1/2" or more. Or so I remember reading in How To Hot Rod You Small Block Rust Buc... I mean Chevy.

Pro 1:6 To understand a proverb and an enigma, The words of the wise and their riddles.

AllenEM

I run a set on my last M1009 and I did not think it was load. it did have a little rumble but you could talk to your passenger with load yelling any more than with the top off.

cucv1833

Well i just installed some cherry bombs. Followed AJMBLAZER instuctions. Im happy with them but probaly would have rather some nice flowmasters. 1-2nd there not real loud 2-3 its pretty loud. But running down the HWY i really dont notice them. It is what it is GLASSPACKS. I also installed a cold air intake and a K&N filter kinda a little package i put together.

Attachments

bearboley

I had a 82 blazer with a 6.2 and duel cherry bombs and it was alot quieter than a gas v-8. Put em on there I liked them. The longer the mufflers the deeper the tone.

pgwaldner

I used to run them on my M1009. I finally took them off because they were very un-pleasent at highway speeds where I spend most of my time. They sound really good on the diesel, but they are extremely loud. I have a youtube video of it. my user name is aceplayspiano.

Midnight Rider

Anyone know how long they are. Need to make shure i can cut out the old rotten muflers and just use the cherry bobs to make up the space.
I don't believe they make them in the appropriate length. On my 1009, I had to reroute the exhaust to exit in front of the rear tires.

There was actually quite abit more to it than that, but I think I posted about it already.

However, I guess you could probably measure the stock mufflers then look up Cherry Bombs on the internet to find a matching length. At least that is what I would do if I wanted to put in exact replacements.

Tanner

Cherry Bombs suck on diesels... if you want to save money to gain noise, just straight pipe it. And fly a Rebel Flag in the back window as well... get more people pissed at civvy MV ownership. Draw more attention of the wrong kind to yourself.

Maybe I've hit the curmudgeon stage of life... 2cents

Try a nice sized turbo-style muffler instead. Louder doesn't mean more power...

'Tanner'

Midnight Rider

Cherry Bombs suck on diesels... if you want to save money to gain noise, just straight pipe it. And fly a Rebel Flag in the back window as well... get more people pissed at civvy MV ownership. Draw more attention of the wrong kind to yourself.

Maybe I've hit the curmudgeon stage of life... 2cents

Try a nice sized turbo-style muffler instead. Louder doesn't mean more power...

'Tanner'
I ran them without mufflers for awhile and I think they sounded worse than with the Cherry Bombs. I also nearly asphyxiated myself, so I had to drive with the windows down.

I don't plan on flying any flags on my 1009, with the exception of the American Flag.

Most people won't recognize the 1009 as former military anyway, so there won't be more people getting "pissed" at civilian MV ownership.

If I remember, the deuces are alot louder than my 1009 will ever be. So perhaps you should talk to them about "pissing" off people.

And that is just my 2 cents on the matter.

I'm not trying to be offensive if it comes off that way, I just didn't think your response was nice. That doesn't sound right either though. I guess I was slightly offended by your post is all. I'll get over though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks