• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevrolet 2500hd wheels on M1008...picture request?

Efituned

Couldn't find those, but I did find a truck with H2 wheels on it.

http://gallery.lisaandmike.org/albums/m1010/PICT6078.jpg

Just my .02, but it looks out of place on a CUCV. Now, if you're looking to civilianize it and make it look more like a normal truck, then they'd look good.
Not trying to civi the truck, but I was thinking about painting them black. I am a fan of oem wheels and I wanted to upgrade to some aluminum ones that would fit the new tires that I just put on the stock wheels.

xenocath

searching.............
I think I saw the rim up you are asking about over on alpha heaven on one of the trucks they stuck tires on

Last edited:
I think they'd look pretty mean painted black, and still look military. Either way, make it look how YOU want it to look. Fully restored trucks are great, but I love a truck that the owner has made his own. My M1010 doesn't look military anymore since a PD painted it black. And it won't look military once I lift it and put it on 40's either. But it will look like it's Mine, and that's what matters most. On a side note, will the center hole on these need to be milled to fit over the hubs? I know some newer wheels need it to retrofit old manual lockout axles.

asg13

Subscribed! Would like to know as well..probably cheap take offs could be had with tires.i have the 16.5s but tryin to find a good winter tire is trying..

Efituned

I was wondering about the center bore too, I was hoping someone here has tried them before. I am going to look into the center bore and offset before I purchase a set. Here are a few pictures of how the truck looks at the moment. I don't plan on changing much more other than a winch.

They are kinda high considering how many trucks have them wheels. I consistently see sets go for 5-600.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will not have to do anything to the center hubs of the rim. If you were putting it on a dodge, then you would likely have to machine it out.

evldoer

The center will fit ok, but the problem is the front caliper does not clear the inside of the wheel, and you will also need to do something with the wheel studs, because the lug nuts dont seat correctly, and they chew up the aluminum. To do it correctly I would get a set of the wheel spacers that guys are using to run the HMMWV wheels. The set I bought had metric studs, so then you can use the correct lug nuts to fit the aluminum wheels, and then you can install the center caps, although you will have to cut the center out of the front caps for the locking hubs to stick out.

3dAngus

I always thought the military wheels made that pickup look nasty. I'm sure it makes it very rugged.

I would put anything on there other then what it comes stock with, as long as it is not aluminum colored.

Desert tan might make it look even nicer then black, with some seperately colored and clean lug nuts on top.

That is a nice looking truck.

Efituned

The center will fit ok, but the problem is the front caliper does not clear the inside of the wheel, and you will also need to do something with the wheel studs, because the lug nuts dont seat correctly, and they chew up the aluminum. To do it correctly I would get a set of the wheel spacers that guys are using to run the HMMWV wheels. The set I bought had metric studs, so then you can use the correct lug nuts to fit the aluminum wheels, and then you can install the center caps, although you will have to cut the center out of the front caps for the locking hubs to stick out.
Good info, but definitely not what I wanted to hear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks