• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevy S10 gas tank

boughtnobuilt

I know it's been discussed a lot, but I wanted to post a picture of it actually being done. This is the S10 tank posted about here. there is also an Econoline tank that doesn't have the corner cut off with a few more gallons - I'd have used that if I'd known. I modified the mount brackets but pretty much used the standing mounting locations. Had to move the brackets inboard to match the grooves in the tank. For pickup, I bought the S10 fuel pump/sending unit and removed the fuel pump and just attached a straw to it. I need more pressure than that pump can put out. Picture of Holley fuel pump with filters on rail is included. The filler neck will just clear the frame rail with the tank as high as it will go without contacting the bed. It's a 2" to 3" offset from where the stock filler neck was, so I've got a filler hose with a jog in it coming.

IMG_8684.jpg
IMG_8685.jpg
IMG_8682.jpg
IMG_8686.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks