• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chineese Hummers

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But its not the same truck...Would you get offended if some one kept calling your M35 a M62 ? when its not ?
My M35 is really a M109. I don't get offended easily. If someone gets OFFENDED that I called their lil Colorado a dressed up S10, they have other issues to deal with.

justinwregier

GM (General Motors) owns (and now it seems sold) "HUMMER".

AM General makes the High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) for the US military.

No matter what the soccer moms and macho wannabe's think - a "HUMMER" is NOT a "High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle ".

A "HUMMER" is just a fancy, overpriced Tahoe.

AM General will keep doing what it's doing and I guess China will make fancy overpriced Tahoes.
Well put...

Its a shame that the military spec HMMWV ever had to be associated with the h2/h3.

FreightTrain

Banned
The Colorado was nothing more than a country mile backwards from the S10 design.Gutless wonder mini trucks that look like something out of a bad futuristic sci fi movie.My Lawnmower has more balls and styling than the Colorado.......

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't own a s 10 or a Colorado your an idiot and you have proven that with your response.
Wow, name calling. We can't just bash trucks or give our opinion on why we think something is overpriced plastic without someone pulling out third grade name calling. Sigh..................

Where did the fun go?

Last edited:

rat4spd

I USED to own one as well. There's a reason I got rid of it and it wasn't cuz the Colorado came out. :grin:

I can't believe anyone would want to get rid of that gas guzzling, torque monster V6, and the refined European styling for anything else. I regret the day I got rid of mine, sort of like the first born leaving the home, or a baby raptor taking it's first flight.

As a matter of fact, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it. If you guys don't like S10's go to hell.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe anyone would want to get rid of that gas guzzling, torque monster V6, and the refined European styling for anything else. I regret the day I got rid of mine, sort of like the first born leaving the home, or a baby raptor taking it's first flight.

As a matter of fact, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it. If you guys don't like S10's go to hell.
You could get a V6 in a S10? Wish I woulda known that, I might have kept it and never got that Suburban that I got rid of anyways.

rat4spd

I looked at the Suburbans, but they just didn't have the crispness of the S10's, and frankly the amenities were sparse. I wouldn't have traded my S10 for a Suburban anyway. That's a step down, almost like getting an H2.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I don't have any use for the Colorados. I've had good service from S10's though. While not powerful they still do a good job for me. This one has the 2.2L 4 banger.

Attachments