• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chino Aluminum Soldiers 2012

deuceaid

Banned
Is anyone planing on going to the Chino Airshow this year? I ask because I was at wal mart in beumont (ca) today and heard a formation fly overhead,,,,, ( I know the sound) I stuck my head out of the truck and saw a 6 man formation ( diamond with 2 wingmen) fly over, but heading towards Palm Springs.... (fighters) ..

I wish I could find the video, the 2010 opening with 16 P51s flying over at the singing of the national anthem was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,was a once in a lifetime event,,, I have the video on my old harddrive, but that is not the same as being there...

deuceaid

Banned
ok, my bad, it was (11 planes) 16,000 hp flying overhead but here it is,,, the national anthem ended right at 1:50 in the video as the 51s flew over.....WOW, gotta see it in person!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ps7YrcG1Dk[/media]

TheRecorder

I'd like to go, but since I can't even make a once a month meeting who knows.

Seems every time I want to go have some fun...some one wants rain on the parade. When is Chino? Before or after March?
Hey Larry.
Mike (Gottlos), already posted a link above. Here is an additional one.

PLANES of FAME - General Information

Let me try to get ahold of Cindy and Paul, ( they run the MV part of the museum), to see if they will have space.

Attachments

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
Sorry Guys, but my posts are getting editied.... EVEN IF I AM TRYING TO HELP or TELL OTHERS that wish to show up about staying over night etc.... The moderators have no humor,,,,,,and maybe the owner himself...

Looks like Gotlos will have to walk the 10 mile to a hotel............

deuceaid

Banned
I am closing this thread,,,, because moderators, and more importantly viewers have no SENSE OF HUMOR..... I am passing the buck to THERECORDER... ( sorry jim...my bad)

998Junkie

Sorry Guys, but my posts are getting editied.... EVEN IF I AM TRYING TO HELP or TELL OTHERS that wish to show up about staying over night etc.... The moderators have no humor,,,,,,and maybe the owner himself...

Looks like Gotlos will have to walk the 10 mile to a hotel............
Don't sweat it man, We'll make sure Gotlos brings some comfortable walking shoes. I'm glad to see you post, I thought the wheels of the "Ab-----e" landlord had rolled over you for a week.:wink:

Oh...and thanks Jim!

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I just took a look around the Planes of Fame website for airshow information. Apparently there is an application that needs to be filled out and submitted to be allowed to display an MV? At the bottom of the form there is a line that reads,

Display space is VERY limited and all parking is in the field. Vehicle owners/operators will receive confirmations by April 21, 2012, only if there is space available and their vehicle/s meet the requirements.

So we apply, wait, then maybe we can come out and play? I looked around and couldn't find the requirements, but there was an emphasis on vintage. I can't put in a request for time off on the off chance that my 1986 M1009 is "vintage" enough. Might have to pass on this event.

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
Don't sweat it man, We'll make sure Gotlos brings some comfortable walking shoes. I'm glad to see you post, I thought the wheels of the "Ab-----e" landlord had rolled over you for a week.:wink:

Oh...and thanks Jim!

Thanks junkie,,, well actually I havent gotten any flak,,,,believe it or not, and I didnt have time to look for the thread tools, etc ( I have been on the road with limited internet access)

deuceaid

Banned
ps been watching p38s flyby on youtube ( You guys know I am a video addict )-- gotta love the flybys..... ( burning up the bandwidth with video yeh ha)..:whistle:

TheRecorder

YouTube Video

ps been watching p38s flyby on youtube ( You guys know I am a video addict )-- gotta love the flybys..... ( burning up the bandwidth with video yeh ha)..:whistle:

Hey Jason, You will like this one.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYz6LjD3EhY&list=UUFsBr8DyE5BBMxTgCl3H7ag&feature=plcp[/media]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks