• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chinook rescue

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dunno, I think this looks like a model. The people don't look right and there is too much stuff on the ground that should have been blown away.
gimpy,

HERE is a picture of a MODEL I took at a modelers show, by a guy who built a diorama of that scenario.

View attachment 401575

NOTE THAT PICTURE IS AT THE BOTTOM LEFT

View attachment 401576

You think WE'RE ANAL with our attention to detail on our vehicles? Not as much as these guys.

These modelers take anal to a whole new level. They had a two hour discussion about how to make wire trees.

We put up a static display in the parking lot and got a load of walk through. Our club picked up new members at this static display. It was the end of June in N. Texas and it was HOT. We had a great time though.

So I am fortunate enough to fly a Cessna 210 when I can afford the fuel.
Its a relatively small single engine high wing airplane.
I still have a hard time judging how far away objects are from the wing tips when I am taxiing to the runway.
I'm usually not moving faster than 10MPH and don't have to worry about controlling the vertical axis wile on the three wheels.
But I have to slow way down when passing other planes or cars or hangers, etc...

I can't imagine the level of skill it takes to put your rear end down to let soldiers out the back wile hovering the front of a large twin engine helo, and keeping the rotors clear of everything. All this wile thinking abut possible incoming fire.
Much RESPECT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7po3JlgWhvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWb40UEXGMU

So BAD @$$

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks