• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chocktaw H140 Heater

Haoleb

Looking for some input on these Chocktaw H140 multi fuel heaters. Someone somewhat close to me has a listing for 3 of them at $100 each. Says they used them for a couple of years and now none of them work anymore. One of them has the remote control.

For the price I kinda figure it would be fun to get one to tinker on and see if I can get it running. Might be cool to have for a backup heat source in the event my other two heat sources crap out or be able to quickly heat my garage if I want to do something in there during winter. I would think at 140,000 BTU it would warm right up pretty quickly.

On the other hand I doubt parts are easy to come by for these and if they did work perhaps user error or some other means damaged them beyond repair. I do not know why they do not work just "they don't work"

I downloaded the TM for it and browsed through but not sure if I would just end up with a 350lb box taking up more space or have something useful if it worked. The pictures I did see the units do not look too bad but I did not see much detail. Any input?

jamawieb

They are awesome units, I have one for my personal use. Only problem is they burn a lot of diesel. Usually the igniter goes out on them but you should be able to find parts easily. If you buy them and want to part them I would be interested in the right axle and tire assemble. Mine was broke off when I got it from Fort Knox.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is the air valve failed/out of adjustment Buy them at 100 ea as no runners, fix them then sell one back to the guy for what you have in all 3

Haoleb

Looking closer at the photos It looks to me like the air in/out is coated in white drywall dust. I bet 2 years of sucking in drywall dust would have a lot to do with it not working anymore.

ArizonaPrepper

Anyone know where to get parts for one of these? I'm looking for the bypass/purge solenoid. Whenever I engage my purge switch the breaker opens, and the unit reads zero ohms so it must be shorted out. The fuel supply solenoid reads about 170 ohms, so I expect that's working correctly.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know where to get parts for one of these? I'm looking for the bypass/purge solenoid. Whenever I engage my purge switch the breaker opens, and the unit reads zero ohms so it must be shorted out. The fuel supply solenoid reads about 170 ohms, so I expect that's working correctly.
post a want to buy, or start another thread

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks