• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Choctaw H-140 producing pressure.

cancunlarry

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 5 Choctaw H-140 heaters. All of them had no diesel fuel in them. All of them will not start nor show pressure on the PSI gauge on the console. I have read through both TM that have been given to me by fellow Steel Soldiers. I am currently reading up on the Suntec Model J6BC-325-3 fuel pump. I am aware of the oil or grease they used that could be clogging the lines or hindering the pump. Everyone, including Suntec has suggested cleaning the pump and any lines that might be effected. First should I be trying some other things first, to get any type of fuel pressure like:
1.)Putting diesel fuel in the filter and bowl after changing it.
2.)Trying to bleed the system through the bleed screw.
3.)Use a carb brush and clean the intake inlet.
4.)How full does the tank need to be? I am asking cause I don't want the gas to go stale from sitting.

Cleaning the pump:
1.)How far should I break the pump down to clean it. New fuel pump filter and gasket or all the way down to the gears and pressure pin?
2.)Should I check the pressure and vacuum on the pump before removing it?
3.)There is very little room in there to work. should I remove the motor also and bench test the pump outside the unit. with temporary fuel lines in buckets? Since I have 5 of them I would like to see what has worked the best with others.

I am very capable of doing all of these things, but i would prefer to get one of them to pressurize without removing and taking the pump apart. all suggestions welcome.

LB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks