• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Choctaw H140 heater start up

cancunlarry

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are best practices when starting a heater that has been sitting for a long period and all of the gas has been drained?
Specifically, What is the best way to prime the unit without blowing up the fuel pump at initial startup? For example: Should I fill the new fuel filter with Diesel gas? Should I open the air valve on top of the fuel filter housing?

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey,

I have a H140 with about 3 hours on it. Although I haven't got around to working on getting it started, and running, I have looked through the TM and read a lot of what SS members have written about them.

From what I have read on here in the past, is that there is some type of fluid put into it to preserve the pump. Apparently after time this fluid gels, thickens, gets gooey, or something and keeps the pump from moving or running. I read that some have put fuel in the heater and tried to start it and burned up or damaged/ruined the pump due to the preservative that was put in.
From what I remember, several have said that they have removed the pump and cleaned it and all the fuel lines first before trying to start it. There are also some other issues with starting the heater.

Go up to the top right corner where the magnifying glass (search feature) and put in "H140 heater" or "Choctaw H140". It will bring up several post on the heater.

What ever you do, I wouldn't try to start it before reading the posts about it and going through the TM.

Good luck,
Tom.

cancunlarry

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey,

I have a H140 with about 3 hours on it. Although I haven't got around to working on getting it started, and running, I have looked through the TM and read a lot of what SS members have written about them.

From what I have read on here in the past, is that there is some type of fluid put into it to preserve the pump. Apparently after time this fluid gels, thickens, gets gooey, or something and keeps the pump from moving or running. I read that some have put fuel in the heater and tried to start it and burned up or damaged/ruined the pump due to the preservative that was put in.
From what I remember, several have said that they have removed the pump and cleaned it and all the fuel lines first before trying to start it. There are also some other issues with starting the heater.

Go up to the top right corner where the magnifying glass (search feature) and put in "H140 heater" or "Choctaw H140". It will bring up several post on the heater.

What ever you do, I wouldn't try to start it before reading the posts about it and going through the TM.

Good luck,
Tom.
Thanks Tom very helpful

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks