• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Choke and TM question

rottiedog

Hey there,

Truch is still running like crap. I checked the plugs when I got it and they were nice and gray. Checked them again and they were black. Changed them.

Truck wil fire right up but after warming up it will stall out. I don't think the choke is fully releasing resulting in stalling and fouling the plugs.

My dodge service manual shows power going to the manifold choke thing. My truck has the hole but no wire.

Should the choke have power going to it??

I don't want to change anything from stock yet but was thinking about making the choke manual. Like I said, I don't want to but I want to be able to drive this truck some day.....

I am looking through the -34 and there isn't much for adjusting the carb. Lots on rebuilding and preliminary setup but nothing on adjusting on the truck.

Where is the -20 manual? I can't seem to find it in the resource section.

Thanks!!

I could have used this beast yesterday when I got the CUCV stuck and then the deuce stuck.....

rottiedog

I took all the lines out yesterday. Raining out now but have new steel and rubber lines to install soon. Have to get the crappy gas out and put it in the deuce. The deuce will burn just about anything.

Thanks for the page. Any idea on why the -20 isn't in the resource section?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few of the manuals for the M880 are on Logsa, just 2 IIRC. There are plenty of ellectronic versions out there but all I've found were copyrighted by the group scanning them and that prohibits them from being listed. I have at least one paper copy of the -20 I may be able to sacrifive for a scan but I need to check. BTW I got a NOS carb off ebay. Pretty sure it was a member here. Less than $100.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks