• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Christmas Deuce!

stumps

If you want to do a mobile Christmas light display with your MV, find a couple of strings of the old style Christmas lights that have the tiny incandescent bulbs (not LED's). The 50 bulb sets are the easiest to work with, as all of the bulbs are in one series string.

[Typically, the light bulbs in these sets are 2.5V each, and the 120V sets have 50 bulbs in each series string. The sets with more bulbs will have multiple 50 bulb strings hooked up in parallel. The bigger sets are usually built with the bulbs spaced farther apart, and staggered so that consecutive bulbs come from different strings.]

To make up strings of bulbs that will work on your MV, cut the 50 bulb string into 5, 10 bulb strings. Connect each 10 bulb string to a 24V supply line that you have set up for your display.

And because Christmas trees aren't the only thing that can burn down, don't forget fuses!

Enjoy!

-Chuck

Snarky

Last edited:

jimmy-90

Man out here where I live the cops ticket those low-rider and import tuner cars all the time for having their neons on. I bet if one of you guys drove by with your deuce lit up like that it would cause the officer to just have a heart attack right there in his squad car:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks