• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Christmas in March?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since picking up my 5 ton, I've been scouring the net for odds and ends to get everything "right"... from dash light lens covers to other smaller items that just "nitpick" my brain... my girlfriend says between the boxes and envelopes, it's starting to look like Christmas at the house!

When I get in from offshore, I'll be installing those, troubleshooting the CTIS, troubleshooting my fuel gauge sending unit and starting rust remediation in prep for painting.

Speaking of the CTIS; I know there are deletion kits I can get for around $80 a wheel....

My logic is this: if the parts needed to fix it are around $480, +/-, then why not fix it instead of deleting it and have a complete truck?

So... question: is it usually the module that fails? I'm looking for a starting point to troubleshoot. I'm gonna go through the TMs and hook everything back up to see exactly what isn't working, but I want to start ball parking where my $$ will be spent.

I'm not a "replace til it's fixed" kind of person. I try to troubleshoot to the exact fault, figure out why it failed and if possible prevent the same failure.

Much appreciation in advance.

coxju04

I need t
Since picking up my 5 ton, I've been scouring the net for odds and ends to get everything "right"... from dash light lens covers to other smaller items that just "nitpick" my brain... my girlfriend says between the boxes and envelopes, it's starting to look like Christmas at the house!

When I get in from offshore, I'll be installing those, troubleshooting the CTIS, troubleshooting my fuel gauge sending unit and starting rust remediation in prep for painting.

Speaking of the CTIS; I know there are deletion kits I can get for around $80 a wheel....

My logic is this: if the parts needed to fix it are around $480, +/-, then why not fix it instead of deleting it and have a complete truck?

So... question: is it usually the module that fails? I'm looking for a starting point to troubleshoot. I'm gonna go through the TMs and hook everything back up to see exactly what isn't working, but I want to start ball parking where my $$ will be spent.

I'm not a "replace til it's fixed" kind of person. I try to troubleshoot to the exact fault, figure out why it failed and if possible prevent the same failure.

Much appreciation in advance.

I need to come see that 5 ton, when i get home.

Guyfang

Staff member
Lets hold this thought. CTIS. I have, someplace, a "CTIS Test Equipment" in my junky garage. I am not a truck guy. Do not know what the heck it is. Another contractor gave it to me, when he quit contracting. Told me to pass it on. I will look for the darn thing in the next day or two. we here are just getting over a short flu "event" and I am still shaky. But when I find it, I will try and post:
1. What its called.
2. Part number and or NSN.
3. Picture.

And so on. If you want it, and will pay the postage from Germany, I will be happy to send it to you.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Lets hold this thought. CTIS. I have, someplace, a "CTIS Test Equipment" in my junky garage. I am not a truck guy. Do not know what the heck it is. Another contractor gave it to me, when he quit contracting. Told me to pass it on. I will look for the darn thing in the next day or two. we here are just getting over a short flu "event" and I am still shaky. But when I find it, I will try and post:
1. What its called.
2. Part number and or NSN.
3. Picture.

And so on. If you want it, and will pay the postage from Germany, I will be happy to send it to you.
Guyfang,

I know that I am second in line, but if the other guy doesn't want it - I would gladly pay postage to get it here to the states!

If you have some sort of testing device for CTIS information, maybe the answers to 1, 2, and 3 will give some other choices...

I have worked out a few bugs in mine. Some days it works perfectly. Other days I say bad words while it blinks its lights at me.

Tim

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks