• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chrysler Defense HMMWV Prototype

Cmdr Qualude

Confirm AM General... I've seen one photo of one that looked just like mine. Except that the fuel cap was located behind the drivers seat on the outside fender and it had Washington plates on it. I printed that picture out hoping to one day have someone run the plates for me. Other than that I've never seen one that looked just like mine. The current photo on Angel Fire I think is mine.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great piece of history, my hat is off to you for preserving & driving it!! Good job! [thumbzup]

Jeepsinker

All I have to say is watch out for the uninsured motorists. There are ( obviously) no replacement body parts, much less a whole replacement vehicle for what you have. I would equate driving that around town to taking the Spruce Goose out for a spin. A heartache waiting to happen. Can you put a million dollar policy on it? Lol

Mercunimog404

Banned
On page 252 of U.S. military wheeled vehicles book I have. I think I found this exact truck. The picture they have in here, the truck has manufacturer plates on it. Everything looks exactly the same except the fire paint job, the mirrors, and it looks like it has a soft top on it.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you ever come to the Papago AZ show? I seem to remember talking to a gentleman once about a Chrysler 3/4 ton HMMWV prototype...

Cmdr Qualude

I only took it out one time and that was to the Anza Borrego Desert for a Dodge rally. Peterson's off road magazine was there and has a photo or two of it in the magazine. It was about 15 years or so ago.

insas

They have a couple different HMMWV prototypes at the museum on Fort Lewis you might want to check out if you ever get up that way... maybe get the curator to let you snap some pics of yours parked next to them....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks