• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cigarette Lighter Wiring?

I don't think they came equipped with one, yours may have been added by someone. I was never able to find a harness for one on my truck, although I did find some light sockets that just didn't have bulbs in them and were tucked away/hidden/taped up. Are there no wires at all to yours to trace back?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CUCV's were not originally equipped with the lighter socket therefore there is no connector on the harness for one. You'll have to connect a fused wire to one of the spare slots marked "ign" on the upper left side of the fuse block. Before connecting make sure its a 12V slot and not a 24V.

K45

Since they did not have the cigareet litter that little compartment would have been a slick place to put that big wiring harness plug instead of at the bottom. But that more astetics than anything else. :razz:

motormayhem

The CUCV's were not originally equipped with the lighter socket therefore there is no connector on the harness for one. You'll have to connect a fused wire to one of the spare slots marked "ign" on the upper left side of the fuse block. Before connecting make sure its a 12V slot and not a 24V.
Is there a image or diagram of the fuse block? All the labels are gone on mine.

JC

I bought a ash tray for a civilian Blazer which has the cigarette lighter already in it and swaped it with the original ash tray (mine was broken and hung open). I just installed a wire from the battery to the cigarette lighter. I had to drill a hole in the firewall. I put a fuse in the wire so that would blow before anything else.

K45

Could you not just tie into the 12 v junction block in the engine compartment and then just put and inline fuse and be done with it?

AJMBLAZER

Yep. There's also an open 12v spot in the fuse box. That's where I got my power for the cig lighter. When I rewired my stereo so it got all constant 12v I wired it to the junction block by the gp relay and master cylinder.