• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cigarette lighter?

3dubs

I found a bunch of threads about where to tap a cigarette lighter. I am wiring to the front battery. But my lighter does not tell me which is positive and which is negative. I can see one goes to the middle to touch the front part of the plug and one wire goes to the outside to touch the sides of the plug. But which is positive and which is negative? It seems so simple but I have been searching the internet and this site but can't seem to find it.

K9Vic

The outside is negative and the inside pin (looks like a bolt) is positive. When you look at a the appliance that you plug into the cigarette lighter, you notice the fuse is inside the plug.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks