• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cincinnati area Veteran’s Day Parade, NOV 6

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cincinnati area Veteran’s Day Parade, NOV 7, 2010

Attention: Calling all MV owners and enthusiasts; The Hamilton County (OHIO) Veteran’s Day Parade will take place on Sunday, November 7th, in Harrison, OH (west side of Cincinnati). If you have a MV, bring it. If you haven’t gotten your MV yet, join us/hang out and ride along.

I need to get a headcount to the parade organizer next week, so please reply here or PM to me ASAP.

Thank you,

Last edited:

XanRa

i might be able to go, it depends on my plans we'll see... lol

if i come i'll be there to ride along/ hang out

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang it. Gimp, Special Ed and I just back last night from the Georgia Rally and I'm turning around Sunday to go back down to Atlanta for business and I won't be back for it Jeff.

Have fun.

sw

DFD2010-A

pending I get my truck back from the shop this week (as planned) you can tentatively count me in. Can I get details on time and location to be? I'm coming from just south of Dayton, I'll have 1 truck

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just noticed I made a typo in the thread title. It mistakenly says NOV. 6.
It should be NOV. 7 (Sunday) Sorry for the confusion.

-> DFD, XanRa : glad to have you along. We need to be on site before 1pm. The parade will start promptly at 2pm. I will get some directions posted up in a few days.

-> Steve, no problem. We will catch you on the next one.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the latest I have from the parade organizer.

Sunday, November 7.

The assembly area will be the US Post Office Parking Lot at 420 S. State Street and the Miami Savings Bank Parking Lot at 444 S. State St. Harrison, OH.

Let’s see if this link will work:
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=39.257823&lon=-84.81915&zoom=18&tt=post%20office&tp=1&ioride=us&q1=444%20south%20state%20st%2C%20harrison%2C%20oh&gid1=15729446

The parade starts promptly at 2pm. The organizer asks for everyone to be there one hour early. But honestly, in the past 4 years of participating in this parade, I have found that it becomes very crowed very early. It is very difficult to get in line with the big trucks. We are Unit# 119

I am planning to be there around noon, and I would encourage everyone else to as well. Anyone that wants to meet at my place and convoy together is welcome.

The parade travels North on S. State Street. Then a right turn onto E. Broadway Street headed east. Then a right turn onto George Street and ending at the Community Center. (Looks to be just under one mile in length.) We are invited to park there at the end of the parade for a static display and Memorial Service.

:jumpin: :driver:

CW3Topher

I'm planning on making the trip down from Dayton. I just picked my truck up last week from WP, and am doing my PMCS to make sure it's road worthy. Trying to get the batteries to charge is my biggest task now. It is going to be a chilly weekend.

DFD2010-A

Here are a few preliminary photo's I got with my phone...just thought I would share. Thanks again guys for having me down, looking forward to getting together again. Notice in the last picture Gimpy was too good for all of us and had to park as far away as possible. :lol:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks