• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Circle 4 markings on M37s?????

Hal O'Peridol

I noticed several of the original paint and repaint M37s that folks own have the same marking on the doors.

I am refering to the number 4 in a circle of different colors.

Most I have seen have the 4 in a gold or golden yellow circle. Mine is a 4 in a light (Infantry) blue circle.

Does anyone know the meaning or significance of the marking?

Hal O'Peridol

So, were these used before the bridge weight plates normally mounted in the grill, or used at the same time? Any idea on why mine are blue rather than yellow?

gunboy1656

They are used in addition to the plated signs. The 4 represents the constant weight of the truck. The sign plate can change based on weight added like cargo, load and so on.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed several of the original paint and repaint M37s that folks own have the same marking on the doors. I am refering to the number 4 in a circle of different colors. Most I have seen have the 4 in a gold or golden yellow circle. Mine is a 4 in a light (Infantry) blue circle. Does anyone know the meaning or significance of the marking?
I suspect that the blue was for infantry as you mentioned and that the yellow was for armor. When I was in, every vehicle in our brigade had colored diamonds on the sides, just in front of the doors or on the doors. They were all colored according to whether it was an armor, infantry, or artillery unit.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While it doesn't cover the M37, TB 43-0209, paragraph 13, page 22 covers the markings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks