• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Circuit Help Needed...

glassk

General Characteristics Filament: CC-6/CC-6
SKU:
4811-ge

looks to be two of same filament, so might need to regroup if I have the right part number that is,..

Sambor

Ok, I think I understand what you have now. If you want to control the high and low beams and high requires that both filaments are lit, then do the following if you want to use the blower switch: Put 24 volts to pin A. Put either terminal of the lamp except the middle one to pin B. Put a wire from pin C to the other lamp terminal. Now, you will have to put another wire between pins B & C with a diode in that wire. That way the switch will turn on both filaments(High) in one position and only one filament in the other position.

Artisan

Ok, I think I understand what you have now. If you want to control the high and low beams and high requires that both filaments are lit, then do the following if you want to use the blower switch: Put 24 volts to pin A. Put either terminal of the lamp except the middle one to pin B. Put a wire from pin C to the other lamp terminal. Now, you will have to put another wire between pins B & C with a diode in that wire. That way the switch will turn on both filaments(High) in one position and only one filament in the other position.
Well now! hmmmm, ok , looking up a "Diode" am I correct in saying a Diode is basically a one way check valve so electricity will only flow one way? If so I understand what you say. NOW I need to figure out what kind of diode I need...

Sambor

AH Grasshopper-- you getting electricity now! Yes, a diode is a one way valve so to speak. It will have an arrow on it to show which way the electrons will flow. Radio Shack will have what you need probably. When you wire your switch up- it will make no difference which way you install the diode-- one position will be high beam, and the other will be low. If I knew how to post pics, I would send you a simple drawing, but I think you get the idea of how to do it. Please make sure you install a fuse in the main power feed going to the switch at its source! You will need at the very minimum a 5 amp fuse (voltsXamps=watts so 110 divided by 24 = 4.58 amps) Get a diode rated for the same amperage. You can check with NEWARK or ALLIED electronics supply houses.

Artisan

...and I found another one on ebay, too bad I can't link to it but, it says;

2599072_400_Diode.jpg

[h=1]15amp Bypass / Blocking Diode for DIY Solar Cells Panel[/h]Due to popular demand, we are making our 15 amp Bypass / Blocking Diodes that are part of our solar cells kit available for purchase individually for DIY solar panel makers.

• When making high power panels, it is very important to include bypass diodes in your panels construction. And we are very happy to include the exact same diodes that are used in 70% of the professionally made high power panels in the world in this listing.
  • We are the exclusive distributor of these diodes in the United States. We actually personally visited the factory that made the No. 1 dominant diodes. These diodes, when installed in parallel in your junction boxes, they are actually as bypass diodes; but you can also use these diodes as blocking diodes if you connect one of these diodes in series at the positive lead of your solar panel. Make sure that the diode's side with a ring points towards your battery if you want to prevent power from leaking from the battery to the panel at night.
  • Our 15 amp diodes are powerful enough to be used between panels and make sure that electric current goes one way. You can use these higher rated amp diodes in lower amperage environment, but not the other way around.
  • Please also note that these diodes are schottky barrier diodes that superior to other rectifier diodes which incur a LOT more power loss than the ones we are selling here. Please keep in mind that these are the EXACT same diodes that biggest pros used in their panels, so you can not go wrong with these. Pros buy millions of these at a time, and now you can buy 3 or 4 at a time from us, and since the total size of business of selling diodes is so small, we are really doing this at the request of our customers, with public service as the main consideration.

Item details:
Voltage Range: 45 Volts
Current: 15.0 Amperes

Features
* Metal silicon rectifie,majority carrier conduction
* Guard ring for transient protection
* Low pwer loss,high effciency
* High current capability low VF
* High surge capacity
* Plastic package has UL flammability classification 94 V-0

Mechanical Data
* Cases: JEDEC R-6 molded plastic
* Polarity: Color band cenotes cathode
* Weight: 0.07ounces 2.1 grams
* Mounting position: Any

Sambor

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70079073 go here-- this is a heavy duty diode that mounts by its base. You can just put a ring terminal on the wire, connect to the base and solder a wire to the other side. Make sure you put it where it cannot ground. These will work for what you want and last a long time. Not like the radio shack c*#@. your wiring is correct. doesn't make any difference which way you install it-- one switch position will be high beams and the other low. DO NOT FORGET THE FUSE!

Artisan

SamBor THANK U so much. THANK YOU! ButSomeHowever, I went to buy this thing and they want a $5.00 HANDLING fee PLUS shipping which is going to equate to a $21.00 or so fee plus the part so almost 25 bucks. Will the diode I found on EBAY see above "not" work? It was really inexpensive, It was free shipping so for $3.25 I got it...

Artisan

I forgot I want a light to come on when the lights are on, in high or low beams
so I added some splitters. I think it will work? I received the Diode from EBAY
I spec'd above, again due to cost and it is all installed ready to be bolted in
unless someone tells me this circuit will blow! I am going to heat these lights
w/ the M939 Future Circuit designed for WARNING lights. It has a Circuit breaker
in front of it, I added this fuse, I hope that is OK. Looks like I will be buying Sambor lunch!

ir-switch-wiring.jpg

Sambor

you only need to connect your indicator lamp to the low beam side-- remember it will be on with the switch in either position. Other than that, looks good-- power it up on the bench before you install it. Hook your lights up and connect it to the battery feed from the truck.

NIce work Artisan-- you will make a "sparky" yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks