• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

City is Messing with my deuces.....

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Another classic example of the rights of citizens being bulldozed over by gooberment agents trying to justify their jobs.
They say you can't fight city hall but you can sure embarress the crap out of them.
I would go on a media blitz and find a sympathetic journalist and make a BIG issue out of your right to own the vehicles that carried our soldiers to war.
Nobody wants a junkyard in the neighborhood but if your vehicles aren't an eyesore I would tell them to kiss my hairy arse and dare them to come and remove them.
That's why I live out in the sticks where I can run nekkid through the woods and howl at the moon.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I live out in the sticks where I can run nekkid through the woods and howl at the moon.
I need to get out my Farmer's Almanac, there had better not be a full moon during the Ga rally in October!

Chanhyx

Just to update, I spoke with Craig yesterday and he is coming to take 2 of the deuces off my hands, This leaves me with the SuperSingled truck, and an M-105 Trailer to get rid of. I do live out in the sticks and figured that it wouldn't be an issue with keeping them out here but I guess I was wrong and somebody must have called, My closest neighbor is about an 1/8 mile away and they always asked about em and thought they where cool. My property is surrounded by woods, I really hate to see these things go but they have dropped down on the priority list and my time is being taken by other things. I'll get back to those that pm'd later on tonight and just want to thank ya'll for the assistance.
Thanks
Monty

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ohnuts......I got a real job for now but you never know when the pink slip will appear in your pay envelope.
I'll post when I am available.

By the way, the organization I work for just bought some deuces and 105's at Redstone...we may be able to help out with transportation if we have space left on a stepdeck or Landol.

outsider

Whoa, Hold on there a minute! If you live in the woods how could they tell if it's registered or not without trespassing on your property! If they couldn't see it from the road they broke the law if they came on your property to check. I would collar them on that and let them know they are going to be liable for any losses you take on selling them. Or better yet don't sell them and let them come after you. Let them explane to the Judge how they trespassed in order to see if you are in violation of their ordanance or not. Judges tend not to like government officials who break the law.
Just my 2 cents
Steve

datsunaholic

I've found in general that it's Real Estate agents who make the most complaints. I get "Possible Violation Notice" papers just about every time a "For Sale" sign pops up on my block.

I'll also note that while I've gotten 5 "Possible Violation" notices from the county Code Enforcement board, I've never actually gotten a violation once they came by to look. The Health department did issue me a violation notice... they didn't like the coils of Concertina wire I had stacked on the ground. They closed the case when I put them on a pallet... which is sitting on the ground.

WorkingDeuce

I have also been fighting my city on my MV hobby. I have nice running trucks that are licensed, but they don't want my kind around I guess. I'm some pretty bad riff raff, National Guard soldier who donates his time to the Veterans groups and hauls them in parades. God forbid there are more of us out there, lol!!!!!
In South Dakota? That seems like the last place in the world a bunch of leg waxing nancy men would bother a grownup over his military truck hobby.

dlawbrey

hassles

In La. you can regester a vehicle and get an affadavit of non use and not have insurance on it if you are not driving it. All states are not the same but it may be worth inquiring with the dmv about that. I wouldn't just give in to the the city that easy.

I am (semi) local in Gloucester Point. In my county-you need plates OR an inspection sticker. I have a 1 acre commercial property about 1 hour north of you if you have one you want to keep until you get it properly plated/titled/inspected. Sorry I do not have room for them all. may be interested in one-I will send a PM. You could also easily antique tag one. Insurance is cheap as well as the lifetime plate (+25 years old). No inspection needed and I think the plate fee is $60?

Chanhyx

And so it continues.......The city cop came back by here today and tagged two of the 3 deuces, I seriously need to get off of these before I end up having to pay a bunch of fines and lose em, I'll sell the good runner and the parts truck for $2500.00 Somebody help me out.....
Thanks
Monty