• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CITY of TORRANCE, CAlifornia ARMED FORCES DAY PARADE MAY 18

papaydsailor

The Armed forces Day Celebration, in Torrance,CA "TAFDA" is experiencing an issue related to
the US Government namely the DOD, Dept of Defense, cut the budget because of "Sequestration"
and many of the area Military Reserve Units are not participating in TAFDA.
As a result the Armed Forces Day Event planning group is now reaching out to many nonmilitary
organizations seeking support to continue this long standing Southern California Tradition
of honoring the US Military.
This year the Marine Corps is the featured Service Branch.
The Event Staff is seeking our help in this year's 54th Annual Armed Forces Day celebration.
They are requesting us to bring additional vehicles for the parade. If you can attend please contact
Jerry Berry 562-715-1400
Here's the info: For those who want to eat, we're gonna meet at Dino's burgers (1975 Torrance Bl) at 1030 hrs. From there we'll go to our staging area (Church of the Nazarene , 700 Maple Av / Maple Av at Maricopa St). If ya want to meet us there the time is 1200 hrs.
> From the church, once we are loaded, we will go to our staging area on Crenshaw Bl at Torrance Bl.
Once again we are supporting the WWII Vets and the Combat Infantry Badge Assoc.
>
> I always need as many jeeps as I can get. For those of you with the larger vehicles there a chance you may run empty, but please come anyway. (we've had a need to split up before when they run short of vehicles which is very likely this year)
>
>
> I believe that they would like us to display our vehicles at the Del Amo mall after the parade, due to the lack of active military being available this year

steelandcanvas

This is one awesome parade! I grew up in Torrance and have seen this parade many times as a youngster. I climbed on my first armored vehicle, saw my first Deuce in the staging area there and have many fond memories of the Torrance Armed Forces Day Parade.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks