• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civi K5 Blazer electric door swap

joediveguy

I picked up a couple real nice electric doors from a 1987 K5 Blazer and was contemplating swapping them onto my Oh09, whose doors are pretty ragged. I am looking for anyone who has actually done this for advice on how to hook up the electrical wiring. I really don’t want to gut the doors and swap the internals but I will if I can’t figure out the wiring. Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

MarcusOReallyus

I recall reading a thread about somebody doing this on a pickup. I would think the wiring would be the same. I don't remember if it was an M1008 or M1028, but either way, you should be able to find it with some searching.

nyoffroad

It's been quite a while but IIRC you would need the whole inside cab wire harness from a civvie truck and I don't know if it would match the rest of the truck. I suppose you could "patch" it together but do you really want to do that? I love power windows and have them in my truck BUT I swapped over everything. Changing over the window regulator isn't hard just a little tricky, use duct tape to hold the window up.

richingalveston

I did not swap the doors but I did add power windows to my existing doors and I used the wiring, motors and regulators from an 87 suburban. the hard part is the switches, they have a special connector on the back. I would recommend getting the wiring harness from any 80's model truck at a salvage yard. I bought the whole suburban for $600. took the power windows, tilt column, civy cluster, seats, and a few other items and then got $650 back when I scrapped the truck.