• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civi Wheels for a HMMWV

wayne15

I'm new on here. I have a 1992 M998 Humvee and I was told that Chevy 3/4 ton truck rims will fit my HMMWV. I tried a 2001 rim and the hole pattern was correct except the center hole was too small. What year should I try that might fit?

This was moved, Thanks Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm new on here. I have a 1992 M998 Humvee and I was told that Chevy 3/4 ton truck rims will fits my humvee. I tried a 2001 rim and the hole pattern was correct except the center hole was too small. What year should I try that might fit?
Try posting in the hmmwv section.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those chevy wheels will have the wrong offset. You can get h2 wheels and mill the center out a little to fit.

Last edited:

dilvoy

The H2 wheels aren't rated for the Humvee/H1 and if you do machine the center hub area, the studs on the spindle are not long enough to safely install those wheels, so you would need to change them so you could at least bolt them on safely.

Sintorion

You can machine the center hole to get any of the 8 x 6.5 wheels to bolt up, the bigger concerns are the offset and to a lesser degree the load capacity of the wheels. info I posed on another thread -

After a little research I think I found the stock specs from GT wheels. 16.5 x 8.5 with a +50mm offset and 6.7" of back spacing. For those that know wheels, that is a pretty high positive number. Something you typically find with a front wheel drive set up. Considering that most GM trucks that use the 8 on 6.5 don't have them set that far in, I am concerned with the aftermarket world since that is what most of the wheels are built for.

The most back spacing I have found on a 8 on 6.5 is around 5.75 on a 9" wide wheel. This would push the outer lip about an inch and a half (1/2 inch of increased wheel width + 1 inch of lost back spacing). This increases the "swing" of the tires making it more likely to rub while at full turn. Not sure how much 'extra' room there is in the wheel well. Just hate the idea of wrapping up a bunch of money into wheels that I can't use about as much as I hate the idea of laying out $400 a piece for GTs that have the correct offset.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks