• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian alternator for gen 1 temporary..questions

FrankenCub

For the time being I have a new civi alternator to go in place of gen 1. It's purely a need the truck now deal. I can't be down a few days waiting on parts to arrive. I will be rebuilding the original this summer.

I see references on using a civi alternator but they don't expand on it much. I assume the original ground wires can ust ground to the case, but what about the push on connector? Is that going to need a ring terminal to go to the positive on the alternator, or taped off?

It's bolted on and ready to be wired right now.
Thanks

Keith_J

The brown push on connector is the tach signal for the STE-ICE port diagnostics. The alt for the front battery needs the two pin connector and the ring term for the battery. The two pin connector supplies switched battery voltage and the lead for the malfunction indicator light. The right side alt needs isolated negative.

FrankenCub

The brown push on connector is the tach signal for the STE-ICE port diagnostics. The alt for the front battery needs the two pin connector and the ring term for the battery. The two pin connector supplies switched battery voltage and the lead for the malfunction indicator light. The right side alt needs isolated negative.
That's what was throwing me for a loop was the STE-ICE connector. I seen the same pin on other alternators besides these isolated ground alternators, so when the new one didn't have it I was thinking I got the wrong one. I looked for hours trying to figure out what was up and kept coming up empty. A friend at NAPA was searching to see what he could find and happened across a post here that said it was for the diagnostic connector. Instant relief lol. She's all good and charging again. When I have time I'll rebuild the original and put it in a box for later use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks