• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian rim equivalent for a BT-3

FZYONE

Not sure if I want to stay with the combat rims. What I have are pieced together with a bent one. That is an upgrade from the one piece that was pulled thru the lug nuts.

I know the lugs are 5 on 5.5.

Im thinking I want to go tubeless.

The trailer was bubbafied when I purchased it. Tailgate cut into it, channels welded in. Lights non existent. I have a connection that can get me some current military trailer lights. I will gut them and install some LED's.

Thoughts? I need a new bed, a new back, and period correct tail lights. To make it correct. That is an expensive proposition.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer looks good for being 70 years old. There are 15" tubeless rims available, they were used on CJ's in the 1970's and Ford trucks from the same era. You will have to do some scrounging around. I'll buy your combats if they are excess to you. Oh and welcome to Steelsoldiers.

FZYONE

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
The one rim set is the spare parts/damaged ones. The other two are still on. This is the trailers current look.

Spring over axle.
rattle can paint job
one ndt
one civi tire

eventually have rims, fenders, and ....

Gunzy

You can go to most tire stores and get a pair of white spoke truck/jeep wheels for that for a decent price some where around $30 each then just pic a tire you like. I bet 30/9.50r15s would fit that trailer great a look good too. Just paint the wheels your color of choice, I would do black.