• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian tires and wheels, leaving ctis complete but plugged off? M931

Excuse Me

I read thru many threads on disabling the ctis and some diagnosing, but I have a functioning ctis on my 931. I do not wish to disable it per se', just not use it while I have civilian tires and wheels on it. Can I simply plug the port at the hub and lines at the axle? Or would this cause issues with any sensing equipment and do harm? I wish to leave the truck alone and not remove any parts of the ctis, but not use it.

Thanks.

I am learning the TM look ups, but it is far different than what I am used to. Makes it kinda slow to find what I need. But that will improve. Thanks for your patients.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
IMG_4688.jpgIMG_4687.jpgYou can insert plugs on both sides of the drum like I did. Save all your parts and you can re-install if you go back to original wheels.

You will also need to plug or disconnect the airlines that run into the valve bodies that send air to the axles.

Excuse Me

Awesome. That is just what I was hoping to hear. Can I instead of plugging at the air valve, just put a plug in the line where it connects to the axle and fasten the line up out of harms way? Or does the valve need to be eliminated from the air circuit by plugging in front of the valve?

Excuse Me

Ok, I think I have the rear axles figured out, but the front axle has an o-ring port to feed the valve on the wheel. How to I cap or eliminate that o-ring port?