• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian transmission for 5 ton m923?

demonhunter77

Forgive me if this has been posted before. I didnt see it and was needing the intel' before buying.

Here is what I am looking to do. I want to take a m923 or similar truck, bob it into a 4x4 and crew cab it for use on extended hunting trips to canada. However, the 8-10mpg for these vehicles will make it an expensive driver. Can a civilian transmission be put in these things so as to have some higher gears for long drives?

Thank you for your time,

Cam H.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While you could put a different transmission in the truck why not just buy a heavy duty crew cab 4x4 Ford or Dodge with a diesel? Saves work and time, unless you have both to throw at the problem.

Easier to support while you are on the trips if you have a problem as well.

demonhunter77

Well, it is going to pull double duty as my BOV as well. So i want a military truck fir the multifuel engine as well as being able to take punishment. Decided on a deuce and a half. Currently looking to buy with cash. After weighing the pros and cons IM gonna stick with the military transmission too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks