• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civvy Q 'bout my M101A2

URBNFLX

So I have my M101A1 up for sale on Craigslist now that I have my A2... On the A1, the license plate was mounted on the tailgate right in the center towards the top as you can see in my avatar. On my new A2 I would like to mount it so that I can retain the star that's painted in the center of the tailgate(before you go crazy about me messing up the milspec look with some civvy wheels, I took those H2 wheels off after I took that pic and put them back on the truck :).

Where do y'all mount your license plates? Need to mount the one on the A2 so the cops wont hassle me.

harleyhouse

I mounted my plate on the frame cross member,
I don't tilt the trailer, so it will not get damaged.
The gate opens full against the shackle stops and does not hit the plate.
I have towed it over 1500 miles and it works fine.
It does not get blocked when my bike rack is in the receiver.
I should get a light but it is in plain view.

Attachments

jimmy-90

I mounted my tag on the frame rail just under the tailgate on my M101A2. I also mounted a tag light down there as well. I don't know about other states but the tag light is a must out here in VA. As you can see by the pic I had to mount the tag light to another piece of metal that drops it down lower on the frame rail so the tailgate doesn't bang into it.

Attachments

Mark2X2

So I have my M101A1 up for sale on Craigslist now that I have my A2... On the A1, the license plate was mounted on the tailgate right in the center towards the top as you can see in my avatar. On my new A2 I would like to mount it so that I can retain the star that's painted in the center of the tailgate(before you go crazy about me messing up the milspec look with some civvy wheels, I took those H2 wheels off after I took that pic and put them back on the truck :).

Where do y'all mount your license plates? Need to mount the one on the A2 so the cops wont hassle me.

This is how I mounted my WI plate on my M101A1.
Just yanking your chain, we don't need plates on trailer that gross under 3000 lbs!

Attachments

Last edited:

URBNFLX

This is how I mounted my WI plate on my M101A1.
Just yanking your chain, we don't need plates on trailer that gross under 3000 lbs!
LOL nice... that's how mine looks... I towed it 496 miles home without a plate... But now the local flashlight cops are gonna probably say something about it if there isn't one on there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks