• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Trailer Light Option

huntnfool

This is my solution to be able to pull my 18' trailer with my deuce or a truck with a 12 volt system. I ran a separate wiring harness and connector to a pair of lights that I had left off of a m101. I fabricated the mounts and wired the harness so that I am able to remove the 24 volt lights when not in use. Just pop the 12 volt tail lights out, unplug the 2 wires on each side, unbolt the 24 volt lights and brackets, pop the 12 volt lights back in and you're done. It takes under 5 minutes to swap them out. I needed to come up with a solution to the problem of not being able to tow the trailer with either of my trucks when Mother Nature gave me a push by dropping a oak tree on my 3/4 ton truck during a wind storm.jakes pups 1-11-11 004.jpg

jakes pups 1-11-11 005.jpg

jakes pups 1-11-11 006.jpg

jakes pups 1-11-11 007.jpg

jakes pups 1-11-11 008.jpg

Copy of DSC00302.jpg

sterlun

That's a good set-up as long as you have a military parts trailer lying around. Still like it though. Just curious, why would you swap out the lights every time? Can't you leave them all on the trailer and ready to plug in to whichever vehicle applies?

Your 3/4 ton was sweeet! I love how out of the whole tree line that was the only one that felt like falling. You gonna sell it?

huntnfool

I could leave them on, but they kinda stick up in the way and I don't want to damage them. I will leave them on until I repair my pickup. Yep one tree out off a thousand falls and it centers my truck.aua