• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Trailer, MV Tractor?

rubicon_in_ga

Did several searches trying to find the answer, and I'm sure I've read it here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

I recall there can be issues with towing a MV trailer with a civy tractor (primarily the clearance of the landing gear), but what about the other way around? What sort of complications would you find when trying to hook up and tow a civy semi trailer with a MV tractor? I know weight is a factor depending on the type of tractor doing the towing, but what about kingpin size, how far kingpin is set back from the front of the trailer, 5th wheel height, and clearance between trailer and cab of the tractor?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Usually a civiy trailer can be pulled by any military tractor without any issues other than the light hookup.

Many of the older military trailers had the kingpin set at an odd distance from the front of the trailer and most twin screw civy tractors can hook to them but can't make a sharp turn.

My big electronics van trailer is like that....the M915 will pull it but only if the 5th wheel is slid all the way back and the mudflaps are removed.

My M275 deuce tractor has pulled all of the trailers I ever backed under.......although some of them put a strain on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks