• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy wiper blades available from AutoZone!

mckeeranger

I just added napas version of the 25-11 on my stock arm and am somewhat less than impressed. i think it boils down to the stock arm not putting enough pressure on the blade. so i'll be ordering the anco arm and 13" wiper. for some reason my napa doesn't carry anco. so i'll find another source.
I've seen 2 kinds of "original" arms. One has a long, straight metal leaf spring on a lobe, the other has coil springs like newer wiper arms.

In my experience, the leaf spring doesn’t put much pressure on the blade. Our M35A2 has the coil springs and they seem to be OK. One of them was a little weak so I replaced the spring. That was a major pain to do, but it’s OK now.

Our M817 has the leaf springs, and they’re pretty weak. I may use the info from this thread and replace them when the paint work is done.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picture looks good. Do the 13" blades hit the window frame? I've read a lot of posts where some modifications to the arm have to be made to use the 13" blades, but the 11" blades can be used with no mods required.
Just got back from a 4 day trip in Esmerelda. 4 hour trip down I-5 on New Years Eve in a downpour. I learned a few things!

The 13" blades don't hit the window frame when the wiper arm is adjusted properly. All you have to do is telescope the wiper arm in and it won't hit. Much better coverage than the 11" blades I had.

The all metal replacement wiper motors work much better than the old plastic wiper motors. I just replaced one and it worked great. The old plastic one - not so much.

Rainex on the windshield really helps the wipers work better.

With some closed cell foam weather stripping you can stop most of the water that usually blows in around the windows. It is a temporary fix, but well worth it on a long trip.

Bottom line: The new wiper arms and blades made all the difference.

ross165123

Just an update on part number from autozone, the wiper arms are 42883 $11 usually will take 2 days to arrive at autozone. The wiper blades will be DL-13 $9.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks