• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Wipers

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Just wanted to say thank you 73X. I just got home from buying my first deuce. I got a bobbed one from Hundy and drove it from California to Montana (1060) miles. When I hit Salt Lake City it was raining pretty good, and spent the morning before hitting the road again looking for wipers. Thankfully I had part numbers and after about the 8th place or so I called, I was able to find two arms at a Carquest store about 15 miles from the hotel I was at. Those wipers REALLY saved me when I hit the Idaho/Montana border and it was snowing (wet snow) pretty good. I did have to pull over once and remove the snow that was piled up where the blade pushed it on each side. The air wasn't enough to power the blades in the heavy snow, but I was able to do it manually no problem. This post saved me big time!

6X6 ALL THE WAY

Thanks guys. put my new wipers on last week. works great, much better then the blades that i had rigged on there
from napa. O'Reilly had them in stock and price out the door was less then $30

OEFISHER

O'Riellys

I walked into O'Riellys at 10:00 and gave them the Anco part numbers. They checked in house stock and said, "Sorry I won't have them untill after 2:30 this afternoon. Can't beat a deal like that. Got the arms and blades for about $40.

Skycop

Found them here in TX. I assume they will work for the A3 models with electric wipers as well?

**EDIT** The Anco arms do NOT work for the A3. Apparently, with the electric wiper system there is a different shaft which is to big for the new Anco setup (shaft is to big in diameter). Once we get done with the service, we will see if we can't drill out the holes to make them fit for the new wiper arms.

Last edited:

REO 54

In conjuntion with putting on new wipers,I also put on that "Aqupel" glass treatment.Stuff works great IMO.Hardley need to turn your wipers on,rain just blows right off.

AN/ARC186

Well, after equipping Scotts truck with the new 41-01 wiper setup a while back I decided to put on my new wipers while I was installing my new windshields.
I have the saturn "upgrade" kit and went about installing it, got the arms painted, everything drilled out according to instructions, the whole bit, after both the knurled adapter set screws stripped out(it wasn't even tight yet) I attempted to use the non set screw adapter as shown using the included lock nut, after having difficulty threading it on I looked at the nut and discovered it hadn't been threaded at the factory, no big deal, break out the trusty tap and die set, 30 seconds later, ready to go,then the black spline washer promptly popped off and went to wherever it is hardware goes to hide.
Went inside, ordered the 41-01 setup, dropped the "upgrade" kit in the recycle bin.
Nothing annoys me more than cheap, poorly built parts.

wildbilly1760

I did mine today. Got the arms from Fisher's Auto. I think Federated is the branch Name. $13.00 each. Walmart had the wipers for $4.44 each. Seem to work good. Anything is better than what they were. In doing this replacement I found that I need to do some puttying on my window frame near where the wiper moter sticks through. Is this a common rust out spot? Is there a good fix, other than putty and paint? Are there new cheap replacements? I know, nothing is cheap these days. lol

Preacherboy

I called around to find these parts. My favorite auto parts store, autozone (b/c of their rewards program) did not have them. Called O'Reilly's and they had them. I have not had time to put it all together yet though.

When asking for parts at these stores, Napa, Carquest, whatever; they all want the make and model of the vehicle. I say, "This truck isn't in your computer, trust me."

MasterChief

O.K. Great advice. Now for the other - BIGGER- problem. How do I get rid of the blasted air motors!! I want to convert to electric with out spending a fortune.
Thanks for solving one big issue - yet the other remains.
I have a 1968 M35A2 and can NOT plow in Maine with these air motors from H*LL.

Thanks!

Troll1216

Wiper conversion

I just did the wiper conversion, unfortunately I was not able to get the NAPA parts as listed. I did try an exparament since mine were shot anyway, whats the worst that could happen afterall, I'd need new wiper arms and wiper blades?

The NAPA blade part I used is: 60-011-1 I beleve that they are for the rear window of a sport utility vehicle. The most important thing was the fact that they had a hole identical size to the deuce screw on the wiper blade assembly.

and since
nopics
Here they are:

As you can see, I tested the wipers at max speed (air system) with the hose and they worked great.

Complete assembly removed from truck
photo1.jpg

Blade removed - The disk on the wiper arm is then ground flush with the arm itself on all three sides. Leave the thickness, just the sides.
photo 2.jpg

The screwdriver tip (sorry, best photo) indicates where to remove a little material from the inside channel.
photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

After install test
photo 5.jpg

Now I'm :beer: and waiting on brake parts....

Preacherboy

My dad and I just put these new arms and blades on today, they work great! One of the wiper motors wasn't working; but I turned the arm nearly all the way up and it started.

Also, we worked on getting the brake lights working...several hours and still no luck.

MasterChief

Hi Preacherboy,

are you using the air-motors?
I have had terrible luck with them.
They may work for you now...... when you "jump-start " them.
BUT will they work when you NEED them? Will they "ground" your truck when weather is at it's worst?
I snowplow in Maine and I can't afford to be held hostage to air -motor tempermental nature!!!!!! In my opinion - they are worthless! I absoloutly HATE them!
I am still looking for an electric option that will not break the bank!

suggestions anyone?? Please

Preacherboy

masterchief, I plan on running my air motors occassionally just to make sure that they are in working order; I do know that the electric (geniune US gov parts) conversion is big $

I do not have plans to go to electric right now, I would rather save towards power steering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks