• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CL Find M35A2 Cab Cover 12256470

wsucougarx

I was perusing Craigslist last night and decided to see if there were any local M35A2's for sale. I was led to a "[h=2]Deuce and A Half Army Canvas Soft Top Cab Cover Military Truck Jeep? - $100" [/h]I thought I'd bite as someday I plan to have a Vietnam era deuce....someday. So I contacted the seller and he said it was in OK shape. He offered the cover up for $80. So today I met him and got the cover. I just unboxed it and found this is actually a NOS cover. It has never been mounted. I noticed it had some kind of insulation on the inside. Is this normal or was it added after the fact. The insulation looks like the same insulation layer found in the newer rubberized vinyl type. I didn't see any date stamps.
So, is the insulation normal or an add on for this particular cover?

Attachments

stb64

This insulated top looks like the one that was on a deuce I bought many years ago directly from DRMO, and that I have since sold.
This particular truck was equipped with the ''sound barrier kit''.
The kit included the insulated top, an -A3 style Nelson brand muffler with guard, and rubber boots for the transmission and transfer levers.
I removed and kept the muffler and rubber boots, but traded the insulated soft top for a hard top. These parts are now installed on my M275.20160918_160417.jpg20160918_154606.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
I sent you a PM, your box is full.
Interested in the cover if your not going to get a 5 ton.
JC

wsucougarx

Hi Scar, I think I'm going to hold onto it in hopes of finding a deuce cover. Hoping I can do a straight across trade. Deuce canvas covers are $490 on E***....Crazy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks