• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Claim with GovPlanet

RETSPEC5

I recently received my second HMMWV from GovPlanet, it will also be my last purchase from them. The truck was delivered as expected with one exception, the passenger seat base / battery box cover is missing. I filed a claim with GP as instructed and the claim was immediately denied on the basis of pictures taken during the inspection. No where in the inspection report does it state these parts are missing. In fact under the seating section of the inspection report there were no notes whatsoever. I'm done with GP. Too slow to respond to problems, many problems with their online system and now my latest disappointment. They need to get their act together, especially when the money changing hands is so sizeable. Good Bye GP !

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I found it, I apologize you feel that way. On our inspection reports the pictures are just as valuable if not the most important part of the report. The pictures clearly show no seat there. The seating was not given a rating either in the body of the report.. Like I said I apologize you feel the way you do. I have sided with SS members when appropriate in the past but I will have to stick with my disputes manager on this one.

RETSPEC5

That's how I figured this would go. Be very careful SS members when bidding with GP. Be very mindful of the pictures posted as these are the deciding factor and the written report means little if nothing at all. It's all very subjective and at the discretion of each inspector obviously. Thank you J. Wade for your reply but I still must say that was the last purchase for me.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not taking sides on any of this.

It is always the buyers responsibility to look at the auction pictures in detail as most people do not do an on-site inspection.

And as always be very careful with any bidding at any online/in-person auction. The auction companies are selling a product that they have no vested interest in or personal knowledge about. And yes any inspection is subjective as is most things in life. I know that sounds unfair but who said life is fair.

RETSPEC5

FloridaAKM,
Thank you sir for your reply. The seat base and battery box cover on a M998 are one in the same. It is a molded fiberglass shell that the seat cushion mounts to. They are hard to find hence the reason I was a bit upset about this whole thing. I have a spare cushion and will probably end up making some sort of cover/ seat base out of a chunk of plywood. Not original but I gess it will have to do for now.
Once again thanks.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Something to consider as well: If someone bids on a Humvee that has about 8 doors sitting in the bed of the humvee in the pictures (I assure you that won't be noted in body of the report) Would you expect 8 doors when the truck was delivered? You sure as heck would. Why do you ask? Because it was in the pictures!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something to consider as well: If someone bids on a Humvee that has about 8 doors sitting in the bed of the humvee in the pictures (I assure you that won't be noted in body of the report) Would you expect 8 doors when the truck was delivered? You sure as heck would. Why do you ask? Because it was in the pictures!

Yes absolutely.

You may want to let your sites known this, as they've tried to say items in the bed (in this case worth considerably more than the parts truck, and the only reason a $1500 parts truck went $5k), we're not included....

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not picking sides here; but a picture is worth a 1000 words. I have purchased from GL and GP. Always look at the details in the photos.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes absolutely.

You may want to let your sites known this, as they've tried to say items in the bed (in this case worth considerably more than the parts truck, and the only reason a $1500 parts truck went $5k), we're not included....
gun ring?

tobyS

It was GL, but four flat spots on rear tires were not shown on photo's or the write-up of my last truck.

They couldn't have been missed....but convenient angles and small photo's DO HIDE things.

Buying a truck from a 3x3 photo is risky and even more so on GP with photo's the size of half a post card. Given they are selling at near retail prices, I wouldn't be surprised that legal suits start to pop up. Omissions ARE misrepresentations.

Buyer beware.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back when GL was selling vehicles, I've seen trucks missing major components (engines, trans, etc) and not a mention of it in the listing or pics. Of course GL's terms were they weren't responsible for anything.

GP does offer buyer protection and provides a inspection report but most of the time won't let you preview in person. With this being the case, it can lead one to believe that it's as easy as driving to your local used car lot and prices tend to reflect that. With GP, there are still risk involved so you've got to pay attention and not bid too much for those missed or unknown issues that may arise.

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not picking sides here; but a picture is worth a 1000 words. I have purchased from GL and GP. Always look at the details in the photos.
Yep took a screen shot of the item Ibought where it said I will get a title in my name. That was inOctober and nothing yet.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back when GL was selling vehicles, I've seen trucks missing major components (engines, trans, etc) and not a mention of it in the listing or pics. Of course GL's terms were they weren't responsible for anything.

GP does offer buyer protection and provides a inspection report but most of the time won't let you preview in person. With this being the case, it can lead one to believe that it's as easy as driving to your local used car lot and prices tend to reflect that. With GP, there are still risk involved so you've got to pay attention and not bid too much for those missed or unknown issues that may arise.
Last truck I bought thru GL was a Deuce with a bent frame. Not a word of that issue in the description. However I had been around the block a few time and only "bid" what I though was a fair scrap price. Was I upset or angry? Nope. Just made lemonade!!!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?84780-So-you-want-a-cheap-GL-Deuce

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

GL also like to use pics of a truck that was on file, not the actual truck you were getting.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im not on anyones side but I go to a lot of live auctions even when you can preview items in person there are many things that cant be seen and sellers bank on that. the honest truth is that if you are buying from an auction you better expect the worst case and factor that into your price when bidding. taking a risk when bidding in an auction and sometimes you get a great deal but for the most part you get crap. That's just the nature of ANY auction... That's why you cant try to lowball people who resale auction items because they took the risk of the auction and you are buying a sure thing. but I do agree there could be some improvements to provide better information on the items. Maybe try contacting them about items before you bid... Just my 2 pennies:-|

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will at this time take sides GP has been A OK to me so far.
Jwade has been great to work with.
I have a small issue right now and I know Jwade will do his best to resolve.
If it goes my way great if not I will still think no less of Jwade or GP.
I think they will get this euc thing down to clock work.
I bought my truck knowing it would be a while before I got it.
Then was pleased to find out I was getting it way early.
So Jwade thank you for your service.

I bid on a truck. It listed 37 inch rubber but the pics showed 36. No biggie. I knew the difference.

It didn't have pics of inside the bed and it was a covered 2 man. I gambled and assumed the rear seats were completely missing but they were there. Yay!

I saw in the pics the alternator was disconnected. Turns out it's not working, or I just have not troubleshot it enough.

There was a pic of the solargizer on the hood, but the pics didn't show it had the panel to unit wires cut.

Listed as hard starting. Pics were in WI on what was clearly a day that the snow was not melting. Turns out the truck starts better than my first M998 on cold days.

Am I happy with what I purchased? Yup!

Now I purchased a triwall of parts from another site. It showed a picture of a triwall... Terms of the site say use pics to determine if inspection is needed. I didn't before bidding...

Turns out the main item in the lot was not part of the lot that the contracted packer/shipper handled. So it's tough to say if the pics were inaccurate or not. I filed a claim and was denied. Let's just say, buyer beware overall. Auctions are a gamble. You will learn your lessons.

After all that I picked up a HMC-MIL-1 cooler from the same site. It didn't list if it's working or not. Once I received it, It had a panel disconnected, missing fuse and bad batteries. Well a little TLC and I have an nice ice cream cooler for when I go camping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks