• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clamp thing next to stack

jimm1009

Part of the ring mount and almost all trucks have them.
I think that it was also used for other stuff since not that many had guns up top bumost had this mount.

I hope someone else witll chime in here.. Good question you have there.

jimm1009

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimmie a week, I can post a pic of a ring mount installed on my junk :cool:

sandcobra164

Mine has it also. I have the leg that goes in that clamp for the ring mount as well. If anybody needs it, it's free minus the shipping charge. I'll remove it and send it to you at once.

Westex

Mine has it also. I have the leg that goes in that clamp for the ring mount as well. If anybody needs it, it's free minus the shipping charge. I'll remove it and send it to you at once.
You got a pic of this thing. I might make it worth your while; we're in a serious war with the feral hogs in this state.

Westex

Nothing like "Ma Deuce" to clear out a herd of hogs........you hit them with that .50 cal and you don't even have to field dress them.
Yes sir. And I know you have them in Alabama. But they are wreaking havoc in Texas. Fewer hunters, etc....It has reached a stage whereby I have actually overheard ranchers and farmers state that it is irresponsible NOT to shoot them.

cessnatwin

Simple I just took mine off and threw it away! It is part of the mounting racket for a non turbo truck! the stack hooked onto it, someone must added the turbo if it is factory the truck!

Stan Leschert

Gotta be the ring mount. Our M-135 has a similar thing. I will talk to a couple of vets who went through the CF M-135 Veh Tech course and get back to you as soon as possible.
If someone smarter than me can answer faster, I would appreciate it! I normally just clamp a flag there, but it is looking like a real sporty place to hang a convoy light!

Attachments

panzerjunky

It is for the M66 ring mount
One of 3 mounting points the other 2 are on the rear corners of the cab then those legs support a ring that weighs a little over 435 pounds not including .50 cal M2 its
ammo or a gunner leaning on it so yea they are stout.
Take care
Jerry

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks