• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clare Michigan show, August 15-17

67Beast

Well, we are a week away and I have not really seen a Clare only thread. So I'll be bringing a bunch of decals with me again. If anyone needs anything custom, now is the time to let me know so that I can get them done to bring with me. I will also be parts shopping so if anyone coming has these, then make sure you throw them in with what your are bringing.

I need parts for a M37;
jerry can strap bracket that bolts to the windshield mount
spare tire & rim and bed mount (long shot)

For the M715;
A good 24v dist.

I'll be heading over Sat. morning in the deuce with the M37 on the trailer. Looks like the M715 will stay at home this year, as I do not have a driver to get it there. So I look forward to seeing everyone there.

TedG

Hi Dave & others,

I'm getting up there Thursday pm or Friday am. Bringing lots of parts 2.5ton & 5ton. I have several m37 rims with used tires. i'll bring a couple. Plus I have a bunch of bias & radial hmmwv tires...I can bring some if people are interested. pm me if anyone is looking for something specific.

See you all there!

knattrass

Thanks for starting a standalone thread! I will be bringing new tires unmounted and newly painted wheels. I also have 4 takeoff Denman Mud Dawgs with tubes/flaps. I guess there is no registration required so we plan on bringing a small trailer with stuff.

I'm hoping to be there. Haven't missed one in years. Looking forward to a convoy down to Buccilli's for the pizza buffet. Also I gotta get paint from Gen Jims. Does anyone know if they will allow a campfire there at night?

hummer4x4guy

Hey Dave
Can you make me up a black vinyl lettering for my humvee windshield, I think you made up one for TedG last year and I was jealous. I would like to get
"PFC GARDNER" let me know the cost and I will get the money to Ted.... Ted you dont mind do ya? I might not make it up..but will try.
Joel

ida34

knattrass said:
Thanks for starting a standalone thread! I will be bringing new tires unmounted and newly painted wheels. I also have 4 takeoff Denman Mud Dawgs with tubes/flaps. I guess there is no registration required so we plan on bringing a small trailer with stuff.
What size tires and how much?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is Michigans biggest MV Show /Swap meet, it is a Great Lakes MVPA event.
There will be registration on entry this year for military vehicles. The event is growing and there have been liability concerns raised.
Wheel chocks are mandatory, Nate will have a small qty on hand for those that forget theirs or did not get the word. If you do not use wheel chocks or do not register you will not be able to bring your vehicle into the show area, although you can still park in the store parking lot and walk in.
Registration is free for GLMVPA members, the registration fee will be $15 for non members (coincidentally the same as a GLMVPA membership :wink: )
I do not recall what the vendors fee is.
Enter off of Surrey Rd{sp} Just before General Jims / Jays driveway.
Many of us bring civilian vehicles / campers, it is my understanding these vehicles will be kept separate (along the back edge of the field) from the display vehicles.

I do not have the answer to the campfire question, although an above ground fire ring may be acceptable. While I personally think a group bonfire Saturday Night would be great.
Jeff Yost will have to be asked.

I am only relaying what I have been told, I am NOT in charge of this event.

anyway,
I am planning a Friday am arrival with two ambulances for the Michigan Museum of Military Transport display. If you have an Ambulance, please consider bringing it!
12th Annual Great Lakes MVPA
Military Vehicle Show & Swap Meet
August 16-17, 2008
General Jim's Surplus ~ Clare, Michigan
» Swap Meet
» Military Displays
» Saturday Evening Cookout
» Historic Military Vehicles
» Primitive Camping
» Silent Auction
» Story Swapping and Camaraderie
» Set-up August 15
» No live firearms or ammo allowed

For more information, contact:

× Jeff Yost, General Jim's, 989.386.5425
× Kurt Kitter - 810.765.3107

67Beast

hummer4x4guy said:
Hey Dave
Can you make me up a black vinyl lettering for my humvee windshield, I think you made up one for TedG last year and I was jealous. I would like to get
"PFC GARDNER" let me know the cost and I will get the money to Ted.... Ted you dont mind do ya? I might not make it up..but will try.
Joel
No problem, do you want the semi-gloss black or the true flat black?

TedG

Dave, make both, that way Joel can put one on the inside so he will be able to read it! lol!

I can bring a new set of 5 michelin 1100x16 xl's unmounted with new tubes & flaps pm me if interested.

It is going to be a busy week to get ready & am looking forward to seeing everybody again.

regards

citizensoldier

ida34 said:
Are we registering when we arrive or is someone taking that info now?
register when you get there... Come one come all !!! This is going to be a good one.. You get a spot to sell parts if your a member of the GLMVPA.. This should be one of the best shows even with the economy.. See you all there and if you have some extra stuff you know you will never use BRING IT !!!! Someone out there needs it.. :D :D :lol:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
zak said:
4x4's acceptable for wheel chocks?
Yes they are!
as a side note, if you have dual wheels the 4x4's should be wide enough to cross both wheels.
Why? because if the one you chocked lost its air the other dual would support the weight and the flat one could roll right over the chock. Thanks to Dave P. for that little tidbit of saftey advise.

hummer4x4guy

Dave
True flat black would be great..and dont listen to Ted hes a knucklehead at times. I dont know if these come in different sizes or not but whatever is a standard would be find. Lemme know the price and ill get Ted the money..and if I can make it up for a day I will try to do that also.
Thank you

CCATLETT1984

I cant get out of work on saturday, so i will be headed up when my shift is over. I will be arriving in the early AM sunday morning.

Lane, give me a call.

Ted, dont forget to save me one of those slave cable sets ;)

knattrass

Need some advice.... we could arrive on Saturday around 5pm with our trailer carrying M37 Parts Only - 4 new NDT, 4 used mud dawgs, 4 fresh wheels, misc pieces.

Or we could come up Sunday, but it sounds like most of you guys are leaving early Sunday. or not?

Its our first MV gathering and we plan on registering when we get there - no clue obviously of what to do, but we'll figure it out.

Let us know & thanks - Keith

citizensoldier

I recomend you get there as early as you can on Saturday. Clint Barber will be registering people and you should have no trouble. Saturday is the main day for buyers and sellers and Sunday seems to dwindle for both. We will have a breakfast on Sunday morning and then a GLMVPA meeting. You can sometimes get a deal on something people just dont want to haul home.. :D

67Beast

hummer4x4guy said:
Dave
True flat black would be great..and dont listen to Ted hes a knucklehead at times. I dont know if these come in different sizes or not but whatever is a standard would be find. Lemme know the price and ill get Ted the money..and if I can make it up for a day I will try to do that also.
Thank you
Flat black it is, it's aready cut and packed with the stuff for the show. Just see me at my table or send Ted over to pick it up for you. I'll be there all day saturday with a decal table.

Anyone else? Last call is coming up quick!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks