• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clarkston MI M-Day Call-up

knattrass

Calling upon the guys in the area to see if you want to join a small convoy in a private ceremony. I hate to call it a parade because it is a limited event to only the veterans - no clowns/balloons.
The Amer Legion/VFW vets march from downtown Clarkston to the cemetary for a wreath/ceremony. The color guard leads, vets march, the high school band plays - simple simple.
We have 2 M37s and a Jeep and wanted to see if anyone in the area wants to join. Give me a PM if you are interested. We'd meet at my house and drive to downtown. Thanks - Keith/Zach

knattrass

The parade is on Monday 25MAY Memorial Day and the convoy meets at the American Legion Hall (8047 Ortonville Rd) at 9:00am for breakfast. The building is 1/4 north of the I-75 Exit. At about 9:45am, we drive to the downtown about 1.5 mile for the line-up, then follow the color guard in creeper about 2 miles to the cemetary. Once the convoy pulls in, you have the option of leaving or staying. Its the full honor guard ceremony, fly over, etc.... small town deal. The CHS marching band, boy/girl scouts are the only non-military allowed. Would love to have additional support if you can make it.

Armada

Sounds great Kieth. I'd like to come but I'll be doing our town parade at the same time. We also end up at the cemetery and have a service. Last year we had a fly-over. MV's are welcome at ours as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks