• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

class 3 hitch

jbayer

You need to be little more specific. Is this a question? Attempted on what vehicle?
It's way past the attempted stage on Deuces, if that's the question.
Lots of people have them on their MV's. Myself included.(Deuce)

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made my own from a well-used hitch my boss gave me. Cleaned it up, disassembled it, and rebuilt it to my specs.

20121215_Deuce_01.jpg 20121215_Deuce_01e.jpg 20121215_Deuce_01f.jpg 20121215_Deuce_01g.jpg

20130105_Deuce_01.jpg

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice work ! I especially like the large "D" rings you installed. You'll have no problems hooking up the safety chains.
Thanks! I've used it several times (have a 12-volt trailer lights conversion installed, just not in photos above) & it works GREAT.

HanksDeuce

Not sure who's picture I "borrowed" off the internet, but in the first picture below it looks like somebody had an aftermarket deuce hitch that failed. So to keep that from happening to me I wanted a custom hitch built to my specs.

Although it isn't designated with a class rating I like my custom hitch fabbed by Black Rock Fab. I needed a 28 inch drop to haul my civy trailers. 2 inch bar stock baby. No adjustments needed to either tow a military trailer or a civy trailer. Just back up, connect everything, and go!

Attachments

rustystud

I like your hitch Hank ! The picture of the broken one looks like it was a home fab job. My hitch was made by "Curtis" and uses 1/4" thick tubing. I don't worry about it breaking, and I know your's will never break !

lino

Here are some pics of mine. I integrated my rear winch fairlead into it too.
It's height adjustable and removable with 4 pins. When out, the brace rods stow in the brackets at the edge of the fairlead.

IMG_2311.jpg IMG_2234.jpg IMG_2297.jpg IMG_2249.jpg

lino

Hey lino, did you ever come up with a replacement fuel filter base ? I liked the design of the one you where mocking-up in your CAD program.
Hey Rustystud, machining that part is next on my "Deuce List", but unfortunately, other areas of my life seem to have no respect for my time available to work on it...
I'm hoping to get to it in the next couple weeks. I'll definitely post progress as I go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks