• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Classic and Rare MV For Sale in Minnesota

76Z5M

I just noticed that there is an auction being conducted in MN that involves a rather uncommon vehicle. I'm not sure what its exact M designation is, but here is a description. It was originally designed as a wrecker that was used in downed aircraft recovery. It would have come into being at about the same time as the M543. Instead of a rear winch, it has a flat deck. There was originally a fifth wheel mounted there, although I'm not sure if it is still there. The truck was intended to haul a specialized lowboy trailer, and it used its boom, with an extension, to load damaged aircraft onto the trailer. The truck on the auction is the property of Blue Earth County, in MN, and the ad says that everything works. It's been painted yellow, but otherwise appears to be in pretty good condition. The ad says that it was made in 1955, so it is probably a gasser. Here is a link to the auction....https://www.minnbid.org/Mobile/AuctionLot/35738 . I live about 50 miles from Mankato, MN; where the truck is parked, and would be willing to go take photos, etc. if necessary. Current bid is $1550. Unfortunately, there are only five days left until the auction closes.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a cool old truck. Unlike the M62, it has a third manual extension of the boom which can be very handy.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's a cool old truck. Unlike the M62, it has a third manual extension of the boom which can be very handy.
That is one thing I have noticed with my M936: It is a wrecker, so technically I guess I don't need the length but I have already discovered several instances where more boom length (accompanied by less weight capacity) would be handy on "projects".

I also might be chicken, but I don't want to lift much over the side either. Longer outrigger legs wouldn't be a bad thing either. On the other hand, if you lift over the back end - it is pretty stable!

Would be really sweet to have that enclosed cab like on the M246 or M62.

I have a "donor" for parts or will sell the whole thing, 100% spare parts kit. Engine stuck, mostly there otherwise. I do also have a gov't rebuilt R6602 in the can if someone needs one. Al Hansel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks