• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

classified ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am new to the site and want to post a classified add , how do you open a new add ? thanks rtk

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
classified ad

I wanted to place a WTB for a deuce M35a2 in my area ,would I still use the classified adds for that ?

KsM715

I wanted to place a WTB for a deuce M35a2 in my area ,would I still use the classified adds for that ?

To answer your question, Yes WTB ads are supposed to put into the classifieds. But like stated above with the number of trucks for sale right now you should be able to find one near by with out to much trouble.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
8) ya ,I am new to this site and was a little unsure about a post and placing a add . I have a M37 now and I am looking for my next adventure ! The 6by's would be different at the CAR shows! , or a BOBBER ! . I definitely have the "OD"" bug , only known cure is more OD . Plus I need a winter project living ,or should I say surviving in western NY . Winter's are getting longer , the global warming people should be with me when I plow snow on the JD for about the 20th time . bob k

mikey

call Ken at Kublo's Surplus (brackney, pa). its a bit of a hike for you, but he has tons of road ready deuce at good prices...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DIobdQMkgI[/media]

(570) 663-2805

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:) Thanks for the tip , It looks like they have a little bit of every thing I am interested in . I live outside of Buffalo , so Brackney ,PA is not that far . I think I got a M/C for my M37 from them not to long ago , didn't know that handled 6by's . Soon as the weather breaks I have to take a ride , better leave the wife and my C card home ! bob k

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes the rules have been changed. There have been a few threads about it. I can't get to the link from tapatalk, but the rules are up at the top left of the site. It's now 100 posts to gain access to post. Just ignore the timestamp on the rules. They have edited them without correcting the date.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not post items For Sale or items Wanted in the forums. That is what the Classified Ads section is for. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. The link may be found at the top of the site in the menu bar. Moderators may delete your For Sale or Wanted postings without notice. It is OK to post an item for sale if it is done in an effort to help another member or if the need for a part comes up during the course of a restoration or repair thread. EXAMPLE 1: Member A posts that their Deuce is broken down and they believe it is due to a faulty in-tank pump. Member B may post that he has a used transfer pump for sale for $XX and to PM if interested. Example 2: Member A has an ongoing thread describing his M817 dump truck restoration. He mentions in that thread that one of his hydraulic lines is leaking and he would like to know who has the best price on them. "Swap Meet" style threads are allowed for parts swapping at a specific Rally/Event. Only one thread allowed per event.

Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. They are subject to final approval by SS.com staff. Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all free classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked

Signature: Members may use the signature spot at the bottom of their post to list their name, location, vehicles owned, etc… Members may not use their signature block for the sale of items (Truck for Sale! Or Deuce Hard Tops for Sale!) or advertising of any kind. A link to your SS classified ad in the form of FOR SALE may be posted next to your vehicle description. (Example: 1972 M35A2 w/w FOR SALE) No pricing, description, or terms may be posted. Again, no inappropriate language will be tolerated. No signature may be devised in such a manner as to insult, accuse, or defame the United States, the military, or any person. A SS Mod may edit a member’s signature without warning. If the member violates the policy again, their ability to post a signature will be terminated

amaverick88

Or people can just read the rules of the site instead of posting question without using the search function. I guess the people are just getting lazier and lazier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks