• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

classifieds 100 posting rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

gijoe

I think this is a bunch of bs i have been a member on here for quite a while and now that i want to sell a couple m35a3 i can't yet because i don't have 100 post. That is like saying i can't sell you a truck till you buy 100 parts from me first. think about it!

gijoe

rule

There should be some type of exemption for people who have been a member for a certain length of time. Several years all to be enought i would think? how about it?

DonFremont

I've been buying from GL since 04. I became a member of this site in 09 after my brother convinced me to by a Deuce.
I only post if I can't find the answer to a question (which is rare). At the rate I post it will take me 50 years to be able to sell on the classified.
I have a lot of cool stuff from GL. Which I may want to sell some day.
I agree that If you have been a member for awhile, you should get some kind of credit towards using the classifieds.

Don

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly, it's the abuse of a few that hurt the masses. Perhaps an approval process could be implemented. Sorry guys, I feel your pain but I can't change the rules. Lets keep this civil and see if we can't get some good input from the admin.

gijoe

I am glad a few people agree, somebody needs to rework the rule isn't a member since 09 enough, i too buy from GL and i have a lot of stuff i would like to sell. like 2 m35a3 still at sparta.

3dAngus

My guess is, from a software/admin point of view, it is easy to implement a change where toggled by a number count, ie. 5 to a 100 to any number X, but difficult to make a change with (1.) a number count AND (2.) length of service in SS.

They would probably have to use Moderators in case of rule change where a member was a member for a long period, where individuals who were members for say, six months, (or whatever length of service was acceptable by Admin), would have to "apply" or make a request for allowance to make a classified article for sale, or trade.

It could be done in software with BOTH, but, it would take some time and expertise and if there isn't already a canned "AND" statement in the module, then lilely won't happen right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.