• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

classy chassis pic's future 5 ton dump

pa.rich

Here are some pic's of my M51A2 next phase with current paint on it's classsy chassis
I spent 2 days grinding and sanding,spray prime and spray gloss black. sorry guys no O.D.
auto resize worked well

Attachments

pa.rich

This truck was originally airforce blue. The cab and dump bed will be simular blue. I know the yellow looks a little wild, but it will be more subdued when the dump bed gets built and installed. I like it. My other truck is all original as possible, but this one will be used for excavating, pulling a trailer, etc. It wont be olive drab. I want some shine and believe it or not there will be a small amount of-- ------- shhhhhh---- dont tell anyone, CHROME!!!!!!Dont worry, it wont be like that California truck. Although I do like that truck. The blue color is a shade lighter than the original air force blue, but I like it. Sorry, on this truck I am not going to be a stickler to originality. The M211 will be kept as original looking as I possibly can, so I can get it to shows and parades. It is almost done. The dumper might be finished in a couple of years. Yikes, I hope before I pass away!! :shock: :driver: :lol:

Armada

Nice work! It's still a duece no matter what color it is. You can always respray it od if you get tired of the color, and you'll already have the hard part done, the prep. What color will you be painting the wheels?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
and believe it or not there will be a small amount of-- ------- shhhhhh---- dont tell anyone, CHROME!!!!!!
I have such a hard time keeping secrets!

Just kidding with ya, It's your truck. You should enjoy it and make it what you like. I have seen many "alternative" paint jobs that I found to be cool. I do like the standard OD but after a while they do begin to all look alike!

I can certainly appreciate the work involved in your paint work! [thumbzup]
And I enjoy the pics of the stages of work too.

FreightTrain

Banned
Chrome?CHROME!?!?!?!DID I HEAR YOU RIGHT!!!!!Hey,Atleast go all the way not just half way like the Kalifornicate deuce was.Get a texas bumper,5" stack,stainless panels in the bed recesses,maybe some diamond tread aluminum steps.You know,Supertrucker stuff.

DMgunn

Yeah, and why paint the wheels when they sell ALCOAs........actually, I've secretly wondered what a set of 22.5x12.25 polished super singles with big fat radials would look like on one of these trucks.

There.....I said it............. (closet door closes behind me..)....

Oh, and don't forget the dual antennas angled forward. And let that seat ALL the way down.....or is that just a Midwest cattle hauler thing....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks