• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

clean power MEP-003

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How clean is the power from a MEP 003? As in will i be able to run electronics with it? Or only lights and motors and such? I'm planning on using it for power when the next hurricane shows up.
Does anyone happen top have the numbers for the filters? Thanks

LanceRobson

We used several kinds of generator to run computers (commercial laptops) in our command posts.

I'm retired now but my personal lapper, a Panasonic Toughbook, is on gen set and vehicle power often. It has never cared what the gen set vehicle charging system does because my power adapter has a power conditioner built in. That kind of power supply should be available for any laptop.

I'd consider running everything through a battery back-up uninterrupted power supply (UPS) (thats properly grounded, if the manufacturer calls for it.) That will also give you time to shut down if the gen set dies.

Make sure the generator is properly grounded.

This would also provide both surge protection in case of speed changes due to things like the fridge or other load coming on and should give you the clean power you want. Cheap insurance for your electronic gear.

Lance

CCATLETT1984

I second the above post. Working in IT you can never have too much protection for your power. I'd pick an approprietly sized APC unit and plug it in, the generators give fairly stable power and the frequency (Hertz) is easily adjustible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks