• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaned Up Rusty Bed

rneely

I got tired of looking at the rust in my Deuces bed so I wire brushed it and painted it.
Looks a lot better now. I used an Majic brand olive drab camouflage oil base paint from Family Farm and Home Store. Going to do seats next.

Attachments

doinworkinvans

very nice! Looks good...its amazing what a new coat of paint will do for something. Im doing this to my trailer bed as well. Been through 3 wire wheels blaaaaaaahh

rneely

All I did was wire brush the bed and yes I used a roller. The marks you see are wet paint. Underneath of bed is rusted pretty bad so I did not want to do anything major in cleaning it before painting. Hope to replace bed if I find a good one that I can afford.

spartan_185

Looks good. I used the same brand and color of paint on the inside of my m1009 blazer to serve as a temporary rust stopper until I can get a proper coat of paint on the entire vehicle. I really like how its holding up to wear and the various chemicals I spilled inside the back compartment.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks much better. I'm tempted to do mine but I know with all the junk I store and bring to shows in the back of the deuce, it would be a matter of months before it looked the same again.